• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Scam Popup

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew81

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I agree that the OP ran into some spam/malware. Andrew, have you scanned your computer for malware recently? If it's clean, I'm 99.9% sure the scam popup came from the website.
I use real time virus software with no reported threats. after the popup i ran superantispyware and malwarebytes, both reported no infections. then i ran ccleaner and restarted the computer.

Jim Bartley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
Same thing has happened to me and only on this site. I have ESET so I only see the pop up for a second or two until it gets blocked. Latest one just a minute ago was something about Microsoft being out of date. I'd post a screen shot, but like I said ESET blocks it after a second or two.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Our ads come from Google's Ad Exhange (ADX). I have been in touch with them and here is what they need to know in order to track down and ban the offending ad

"Please, report them to us as soon as possible! We will need to know what device the ad was seen on, the type of bad ad (redirect, inappropriate ad, malware, etc.), the specific URL the user was on when the ad displayed, and the URL of the ad itself."

Please either start a conversation with me or email me the above information. That is all I can do. Google Ad exchange serves billions of ads a day and some bad ads will get through in spite of their precautions and screening.

I am closing this so my instructions above will be the last thing on the thread and also sticking it so it will be on top and people will know what to do if it happens again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks