• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

SFR With 2 Apartments

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDog007

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Ok.....

I have an old SFR home that also has 2 apartment units on the same parcel. We receive these orders few and far between, thankfully, but always have problems with the LO's and UW's. Probably because they do not see them very often as well. The problem is, I have told all parties that I have to note and provide contributory value for the 2 apartments due to the fact they EXIST and are associated with the particular tax parcel number. The lender wants an appraisal without any value provided for these 2 units, however, they do not care if I mention that they exist on the property. Can anyone offer any advise and help with this situation?!?!? Thanks!

Willie

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Are they allowed by current zoning?

BlueDog007

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Yes......they are allowed.

Pine Tree

Professional Status
State
Maine
We have these now and then as well.. try to avoid them if I can..

H&B use? If SF, then these are accessory apts and perhaps over improvements? Of course there are rarely completely suitable comparbles.. Of Course!

W Boston

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
Ric,

Good news got a comp here for you in WA. Waterfront property that sold with 2 1 bed 1 bath apartments. If you don't mind making an adjustment for the location. Funny that you mentioned it since I just used this one as a comp for another WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks