• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Slightly confused

tabris

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Connecticut
Hi.This is Tabris. I recently completed my Antiques Appraisal Studies and am about to take the USPAP EXAM. Is there yet another test I have to take to get certified in Antiques?
Thank you

As far as I know you are not required to be certified to do personal property by any state, but most PP appraisers are members of ASA and do take their courses for CE and do offer certification or rather, designations that probably are appropriate for your antique business. May I also suggest you also study machine marks - to date tools, firearms, and other items - forensic work. Seems a lot of potentials there.

The other non residential appraising organizations like mentioned above are your ticket to be more proffessional in your field.

As far as I know you are not required to be certified to do personal property by any state, but most PP appraisers are members of ASA and do take their courses for CE and do offer certification or rather, designations that probably are appropriate for your antique business. May I also suggest you also study machine marks - to date tools, firearms, and other items - forensic work. Seems a lot of potentials there.

Thank you so much for the info!

Thank you!

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back