• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

So many (now fully informed thoughts) on 3.6 & Aivre

I'm focused on 2, got it working for subject - will try to get that video out today or tomorrow. Maybe 1 in future, market and comps - feasible but not really sure if that is in our wheelhouse. But since TOTAL and SFREP don't really have that yeah, maybe should idk. We do have a really good geosearch tool already for orders that can get even down to the neighborhood level which in theory could power comp neighborhood geoboundaries (or manually draw):

View attachment 112120
Based on the appraisals that I see, appraisers are afraid of making condition or quality adjustments. Understandably....takes to much time to derive and to explain....the UWs seem to question these adjustments.

It's arse backwards. These are the two main adjustments that agents and homeowners question. No wonder why we are not respected.


This would be a quicker and easier way to derive and to support condition and quality adjustments.
 
First off...3.6 is the BIGGEST **** show in terms of forest for the trees argument. Its the type of crap some wokester made....its ultra specific, a complete time drain of useless information that has ZERO impact on value and a waste of space. Complete garbage that is going to result in a lot a poor *** appraisals for many years.

Aivre is like that wicked fast/dangerous Porsche that Paul Walker died in. BUT, you don't just get handed the keys to a car like that...you gotta work your tail off to get it. Aivre has no meaningful tech support (and they shouldn't TBH), so you gotta build the entire system on your own. So many different components to the 3.6, Aivre is not for a novice in terms of easy of use.

Once you are up and running, the Aivre folks are gonna smoke everyone, unless alamode comes up with a better solution. Anyone that understands AI understands, in order for it to work, there are still a ton of inputs required....most appraisers, especially the old ones, are never going to be physical/mentally able to handle the load of the new AI appraisal world. It is sooooo much....you can't just wake up and say...."Ima do that today!"

Finishing first AI 3.6 appraisal with Aivre tonight...has taken me and my admin days to get through it. Not because its hard, but the first few quire a TON of inputs and even more if you wish to automate all the retard fields you don't ever want to touch again. There is gonna be no one left standing when this is over. The young innovated guys that are investing massive time in their practice are gonna smoke everyone that is asleep at the wheel right now by choosing not to use AI for every report.

Thats all... if you don't agree, I have never been more sure that you are wrong about this, than any time in my entire life. I can see it now, and I know where it ends. Last call....CHOOOO CHOOOOOO
I agree with most of these sentiments... however it's painfully clear what is happening. All (ok, most) the "time drain of useless information" is relevant, it's just the stuff we've been processing in our heads (some of it basic common sense) with our years of experience. It's akin to the difference between showing your work on a long math problem vs just giving the answer. Why, is the real question here and if you've spent any real time with AI you know... They are going to feed this data into AI to produce better reports at a fraction of the cost/time. It's really as simple as that. Anyone that says we're not moving at mach 5 in that direction, really doesn't know how advanced AI is right now, how rapidly it's continuing to advance or where we're going. Data analysis, especially in math, is one of the biggest strengths of AI right now. Heck, my agents are already picking the same comps I am +80% of the time without half the data I have in my head on a subject property.

In regards to Aivre, I've not tried their software. I tried nighthawk, total no-go for me. I'm using SFREP because it actually works, has good integration, isn't an insane amount of money and is local (not online). But I will tell you that I agree with where things are going in the interim, between now and the end of human produced appraisal reports; those who don't integrate AI are going to see a significant reduction in pay due to the increased reporting time.

It's becoming more and more clear that independent panel appraisers are not going to see a significant (and maybe no) increase in pay. Lenders are already paying $550-700 for a standard 1004 and won't likely move too much. AMCs aren't going to give up their profits and lenders aren't going to switch to direct ordering if they're not already doing it. On a regular basis, I get requests for 3.6 reports with the same fee as a 1004 and I refuse them. I don't know what y'all are seeing in your markets but this has been my experience. There is a guy on here that says he has been doing 3.6 reports with an average fee of $700. Possibly it's lender direct ordering, I don't know but I have not seen anything close to that in my market.
 
Never in the history of appraisal have drama queens had such an issue over which to vociferously unite in displaying their Histrionic Personality Disorder.
 
Did I read that correct above? $320 a month?

It’s not possible that that’s the fee in the business plan for an appraisal software company
It's on the high side but really not out of bounds when you look at peer industries and what professionals pay for production software in their line of work. A single appraisal should cover the costs. Have you priced commercial software? Valcre is $417 a month. If it saves enough time on the automatic data entry, then it's actual cheaper than the hours wasted hand typing. That is of course, assuming there's enough work to go around...
 
I have always said tech is good...when it helps, but does not replace you.

Appraisal toolkit https://www.appraiser-toolkit.com/ has a similar tool that I'm speaking of. They use cost depreciation...not a big fan. Gave some wacky results.

The other issue is that it is not very appraiser friendly. It is mostly take it or leave it. May have developed that way for all of their newb appraisers so that they can churn and burn them...automate the process....in my opinion...allegedly.
That sounds interesting. I’m currently using Synapse, and it has been working well enough for me. Have you tried Toolkit?
 
I totally agree with you on "TON of inputs and even more if you wish to automate all the retard fields you don't ever want to touch again", I'm building into Appraisal Inbox (order/office/scheduling management) a thing called Report Assist that pre-fills all the annoying data points like Native American Lands, Lava zone, some of the site influence items. On average it's filling out around 175 fields in a single click, I'll work up a demo video and upload it soon - I think it will save appraisers a ton of time. Ideal if you are using SFREP or TOTAL.
Wow, that sounds great! I’d appreciate seeing the demo when it’s available and would be interested in learning more.
 
Seems like many are in favor of feeding the beast until the beast consumes you
Pretending the beast isn't charging at you won't stop it from running you over. AI is a tool whose utility absolutely cannot be ignored and it's integration into many professions will not be stopped. Learn to use it or get left behind is good advice.

I just used SuperGrok to review a sales study. 16 pages long and, in the past, took hours to go through and research each sale. AI (with proper setup and ruleset) just did it in 5 minutes. It eliminated the obvious, highlighted sales needing further review, referenced standards and statute for every item, and generated an Excel file detailing and organizing everything for final inputs and eventual submission. The product is not only faster than what I produced in prior years but much better also. I would not have taken the time to produce the detail this provided because I would have been spending all that time on the tedious parts.

It cannot "replace" us...at least not yet. Garbage in, garbage out still applies and someone still needs to know what they are doing to get credible results. The process of getting to those results is ridiculously easier now. Previous posters are correct...early adopters will vastly outproduce.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top