• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

student asking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdealer

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Mississippi
hello all, student here in south ms getting ready to take the state exam. Kinda nervous and wondering if anyone can give some pointers on what to expect. How many questions and is it all multiple choice? Any advice is appreciated. Looking forward to becoming an appraiser. thanks

Steve

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
I would check with your mentor, I would assume he is up on all of the state regs that govern appraiser trainees. If he lacks knowledge about what trainees have to go through, you might give serious consideration to finding a new mentor.

My guess is the test is probably 100-125 multiple choice questions.

vdealer

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Mississippi
Oh darn, I guess I'm behind in the mentor department. I guess I should've looked for a mentor first. I took an acredited online course and just finished my final exam. So I should be looking for a mentor now? I thought I had to pass the state exam before I look for a mentor. BTW thanks for the link, it answered alot of my questions.

Gonna give a shout out to anyone interested in mentoring a student in Pascagoula MS. :)

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
To me a mentor is something you should have in your back pocket before even beginning your quest. If you can not find a mentor after taking classes, exams, etc. etc. etc. you have wasted a lot of time and money. Do to the economy, I suspect few appraisers are taking on new trainees at this point.

Hopefully you will be able to find a good mentor. Go to www.ASC.gov and do a search of their website. It will list every licensed or certified appraiser in the state. This will give you a great resource to start your search for a mentor. If you get a thumbs down from everyone, you know not to waste anymore time. If you find someone, you can press on forward at full speed.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks