• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Subject To Completion - Appraisal Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it should be 4/2.1(future), subject to completion per plan
(y)

Yup! You are pretending that the renovations are complete and comparing the subject property to other completed comparables.

I have a similar - older dwelling (1950's) with the 2nd bath not functional. Lender (direct lender) requesting report SUBJ TO repairs being made/completed (2nd SUBJ TO box on 1004 form) So now subject is a 2 bathroom dwelling, even though the 2nd bath "AS IS" is not functional
 
Another Subject to............. I have a SFR, +80yrs old, renovation that is under construction (found out about it when I arrived), approx. 80% complete. Still livable, and have residence. CAD shows 3/2 but now it has 4/1.1 and master bath plumbed in. The homeowner has blue prints for the floor plan, and a word documents (no letterhead) for specifics. Is that sufficient? And for reporting and comparing....is it a 4/2.1(future) or a 4/1.1(present)??? ...I'm spinning my wheels here...I think it should be 4/2.1(future), subject to completion per plans, etc....what do you think?

Could also possibly be subject to repairs or alterations. You have an existing structure that is being altered. Now if an addition is being added. I would tend to go with completion per plans and specs. But in reality. I do not think you could be wrong using either one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top