It's a conondrum (sp?)...because the MV def pre printed on the form states " a reasonable time is allowed for market exposure"...does the way the word exposure is phrased mean exposure time, as we use it rertropsectively to eff date, or can it mean the generic sense, exposure to market? Cryptic definition as usual...because what does "reasonable" mean?
Reasonable, as always, would have to be relative to market trends and similar DOM needed to sell the comps.
To be on the safe side, I looked at market exposure for my comps to determine reasonable...if the time was over 60-90 days, I would discount price a bit to the typical prices for properties sold in 60-90 days, and explained that it is MV but the lower range of market value per exposure time.
I quit taking work from a client that wanted 30 day marketing time because imo it was not reasonable exposure and the value veered to low to be MV and in the territory of LV...LV does not always mean a fire sale price, just low enough to sell in the severely restricted marketing time. I hated other things about the client as well, they started out with 60-90 days and when they changed to 30 days I bailed. Don't miss them and their crap properties at all!
Have not done an REO in months, at one time it was about half of all my work!