• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Survey Shows Pressure On Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Roger, since you seem to be a subscriber to the link you posted, I was wondering whether you knew anything about the article below. Bill Sentner, are you reading this, if so, could you please explain.

March 31, 2003

National AMC looks for union label, strikes deal with AFL-CIO
Appraisers Guild seeks membership, AMCO seeks appraisers: big winner may be appraiser-assisted AVM

An appraisal management company with a national footprint and the American Guild of Appraisers OPEIU AFL-CIO have signed an agreement whereby the AMC will have marketing and recruiting access to the Guild’s appraisers and the Guild will take advantage of opportunities to work with the company’s appraiser-assisted AVM (automated valuation model).

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Carol:

They cut a deal werein members of the guild get moved to the head of the pack, and fees are better. That's the deal. You make more from them as an appraiser and the guild gets a member. Win-Win situation.

AMCO's not a bad co. to do business with. No problems collecting from them.

Roger

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
AMCO has an AVM that they call an eValue.......You as they appraiser look at the AVM, and sa if you agree with it or not, or, if they can't automatically grab comps that they have in their database, they ask you to provide 3 comps, and give an opinion of value.........If you aren't comfortable with the data they provide you, or that you can obtain independantly, then you can "request" they upgrade the order to one with some inspection, and do a 2055 ext or 2055 int......If I remember the last request I saw come through the fee was $50 and they said it should only take 15 minutes....

I'll step back and watch as you react Pam, since I know this will set your blood up to the boiling point.....

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
I remember getting those request ....... $50! :blink: :rofl:
Haven't heard from them in a while. B)
That might, just might work in cookie cutterville, but nope.... not here.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
IMO, any appraiser that would do that for $50 is STUPID. They will get what they pay for.

more trash.

See..... I'm calm.....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
Come on, don't try to be nice just for us on the board Pam.......I like watching.....

As far as the GIGO theory, you are totally right (GIGO = Garbage In - Garbage Out)

And yes, AMCO isn't a terrible AMC in the world of AMCs......though their fees are low (but on par with every other AMC out there), and their Processors/Coordinators are pushy as hell with turn time requirements.....At least they pay their bills on time........

Thats about the ONLY positive thing I can say about the AMCs I've primarily dealt with (and I've dealt with MOST of the big ones).......at least they all seem to pay their bills on time.

Tater Salad

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
Let me guess: to have the pleasure of doing this $50 business with them, you must submit a copy of your E&O coverage. No thanks.
:gunfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks