• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

TALCB Complaints

Houston60

Freshman Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Does anyone have experience filing complaints with Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board (TALCB) against an AMC? I was depaneled by an AMC after a lengthy dispute and denied appeal. I am considering filing a complaint against the AMC for improper influence and failure to follow the statutory appeals procedures, but before I do I’d appreciate any experience that other appraisers have had. While not directly applicable I’d value words of wisdom and advice from other states as well. I think I have a solid case. I’m not looking to be restored to the panel, just to clear my name and curb the audacity of some of the giants.
 
Does anyone have experience filing complaints with Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board (TALCB) against an AMC? I was depaneled by an AMC after a lengthy dispute and denied appeal. I am considering filing a complaint against the AMC for improper influence and failure to follow the statutory appeals procedures, but before I do I’d appreciate any experience that other appraisers have had. While not directly applicable I’d value words of wisdom and advice from other states as well. I think I have a solid case. I’m not looking to be restored to the panel, just to clear my name and curb the audacity of some of the giants.
Check with someone at the board as to what kind of complaints against AMCs are accepted. You may be surprised as to what they will hear.
 
They publish a helpful brochure on complaints. I’m looking for the inside baseball stuff. Is a well written, extensively documented complaint from an appraiser going to put me on an equal plain with a big corporate AMC? Is this going to be a David and Goliath situation? What part of my story is going to have the best chance of succeeding? That sort of thing.
 
Does anyone have experience filing complaints with Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board (TALCB) against an AMC? I was depaneled by an AMC after a lengthy dispute and denied appeal. I am considering filing a complaint against the AMC for improper influence and failure to follow the statutory appeals procedures, but before I do I’d appreciate any experience that other appraisers have had. While not directly applicable I’d value words of wisdom and advice from other states as well. I think I have a solid case. I’m not looking to be restored to the panel, just to clear my name and curb the audacity of some of the giants.
I'm confused your not looking to be restored to the AMC panel ? but in order to clear your name the AMC would have to restore you to their panel otherwise they'd be admitting you were wrongly removed. I highly doubt they will ever admit they had no legitimate reason for removal.
 
Does anyone have experience filing complaints with Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board (TALCB) against an AMC? I was depaneled by an AMC after a lengthy dispute and denied appeal. I am considering filing a complaint against the AMC for improper influence and failure to follow the statutory appeals procedures, but before I do I’d appreciate any experience that other appraisers have had. While not directly applicable I’d value words of wisdom and advice from other states as well. I think I have a solid case. I’m not looking to be restored to the panel, just to clear my name and curb the audacity of some of the giants.
I would call your E and O provider. They might offer free legal advice for their customer.
 
Solid documentation containing information that points directly to the violation of the reg you need to cite. He said, she said won't get it
 
I would call your E and O provider. They might offer free legal advice for their customer.
Maybe although I would be hesitant because this isn't currently a legal issue and most lenders and AMCs don't just remove their appraisers without some reasonable cause.

Thinking..Thinking--Hard Stop No !
 
I'm confused your not looking to be restored to the AMC panel ? but in order to clear your name the AMC would have to restore you to their panel otherwise they'd be admitting you were wrongly removed. I highly doubt they will ever admit they had no legitimate reason for removal.
They will if the state sanctions them for the removal. Sounds like the OP has devoted the time to clear his name, now it's time to see if the state agrees with his position. Don't have any inside information to pass along, however in my experience the TALCB by & large has its act together.
 
I'm confused your not looking to be restored to the AMC panel ? but in order to clear your name the AMC would have to restore you to their panel otherwise they'd be admitting you were wrongly removed. I highly doubt they will ever admit they had no legitimate reason for removal
I would call your E and O provider. They might offer free legal advice for their customer.
Good idea, but what would be their motivation?
 
Whose motivation? Most E and O companies provide some limited free legal service such as a chat or consultation which is part of what you pay for. They might advise you if the AMC handled removing you property as well as advise you whether or not to file a complaint.

I am not an expert and not giving legal advice. But it stands to reason that if you file a board complaint against an AMC, unless it is well grounded, they can retaliate. Is it worth it ? IDK. I think you need to take your time and get an outside opinion before you proceed.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top