• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

The ACI2009 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Smith

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Please be very cautious about updating to ACI2009. We lost a day's
worth of work yesterday due to the update. We encountered problems
with the new Addendum Writer. We aren't quite sure what was going on
but it was very frustrating.

We think some of our configuration settings were changed following the
upgrade. The worst one was the Auto Save function, which had been
turned off, without us knowing about it.

Then, Report crashed because it could not find a directory to which we
were saving backup files, despite the fact we had not changed the File
Management location of that directory. As a consequence of the crash
the Report WAS NOT SAVED. Fortunately, we had printed out a hard copy
of the report before the crash. That meant we had to re-enter a large
amount of data and narrative.

So... think twice about upgrading at this time.

Dave Smith

Last edited:

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I have auto save problems were the save resets all the changes back to what it was before auto save.

I turned auto save off. I have to exit the addendum writer and save manually, which works.

George Opelka

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Florida
Dave,
I am away from the office but I have asked Andrew to follow up with you in order to confirm that everything is in order. We've had thousands of people update to ACI2009 without a hitch. As a matter of fact, I just read the following post on the yahoo forum. Nevertheless, expect a call from Andrew.

Thanks - George Opelka, ACI

-------------------------------------------------
We updated 2 weeks ago and have not had any problems other than the Apex thing (found out that I had clicked the wrong version during the update). Many new cool features. Go to the web site and it has the top 10 new things for ACI 2009.

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Update

Hi all:

This is an update of my experience with the update. Yesterday I spent considerable time on the phone with one of the ACI tech staff. We took a WebEx look at the computer on which the problem took place.

As of yesterday I was the only person that had called tech support regarding the problem that I had. The programing department has figured out where the problem was and are in the process of correcting the item in the program that was causing the problem. Staff is testing the correction over the weekend.

At this point I can't say enough about how good the response was to my problem. ACI people really jumped on the problem and by 4 PM yesterday had the problem identified and probably solved. On Monday I am to get a call with an update on progress and probably a new update of ACI2009 as well.

I will provide another report on Monday.

Dave

George Opelka

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Florida
Dave,

Thanks again for the help. You were instrumental in tracking down the issue with the Addendum Writer. And while we recognize this won't impact most users, we're happy that we were able to quickly identify the issue with your assistance.

We have made the change in ACI and submitted it through our test bench over the weekend. If testing goes well, we'll make the update available on WebUpdate on Monday. We'll let you know when it's good to go.

Thanks again.

George Opelka, ACI

paul eswan

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Rhode Island
Its too bad you couldn't fix all the bugs like the subject address in the SCA and the cost approach figures reseting if you add or remove forms. I'm sick and tired of re-entering the city, state zip for the subject in the SCA every time I need to add a form.

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Paul:

Which version of ACI are you using? Do you have a technical support service contract with ACI? Have you called tech support people regarding your complaints? If not, why not?

If you could be more specific as to your complaints maybe I can communicate them to ACI for review. As for your reference to "SCA"... I don't know what "SCA" is. Enlighten me please.

Thanks,

Dave

BOB PADRICK

Professional Status
State
Florida
In the sales comparison grid, the subject's city is the only thing that carries forward from the subject info area on page one or from the order page-no state and zip info. This, despite the fact that even on the integrated comps option, when importing info from research or from other reports, the city, state, and zip is always imported unless you manually tweak it otherwise. It's annoying especially in rural areas bisected by more than one zip code. Frequently mapping software requires each of the comps that have a different zip code to have the zip in the city line or it won't find it. For the sake of the consistency, therefore, I include the city/state/zip on everything, and as stated above, if I make any changes, or even tab or enter through anyplace that has any of the subject's address, I have to reset that same info on the sales comparison area.

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Thanks for the comment Bob.

I have passed your thoughts on to the appropriate personnel at ACI. I don't know if there is a way to accomplish what you would like to have happen but I do know they will take a look at it. I will report back on anything they tell me about your request.

Dave

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Bob:

The message I received back from ACI tech support regarding your post is as follows:

"[SIZE=+0]I did see what Bob and you are mentioning – and think this can be changed as well in a form update."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Somwhere, some time, during the process of a future update you may see the problem you mentioned go away. If I learn more from tech support on the issue I will let you know.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Dave [/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks