• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Appraisal Subcommittee Busted

Mejappz

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Well, look how many times I have told you people that the ASC and TAF are corrupt entities that need to be abolished. Now it has been found that the ASC used appraiser funds to award “grants” to CLEAR a cough, cough a "non-profit"t organization that provides support and resources to regulatory agencies, professional licensing boards, and enforcement agencies.

The Appraisal Subcommittee (ASC) of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council violated the purpose statute when it awarded a cooperative agreement to a nonprofit entity. ASC's appropriation permitted it to award grants to states and to a particular nonprofit corporation. The cooperator in this case was neither, so it was not eligible to receive funding under the appropriation. Because ASC's appropriation is not legally available for such an assistance arrangement, ASC also violated the Antideficiency Act by entering into and expending funds toward the cooperative agreement.

is clear like ansi...no constitutional base

The ASC is a federal agency and operates as an element of the Executive Branch of govt. Same as the GAO. Taxpayer funded in terms of their overhead. As I understand it the appraiser fees are used to offset or pay completely for the costs of the national registry and the TAF grant.

I think it would be ironic if it eventually turns out that the GAO is hassling the ASC for caving in to congressional pressure from the elected politicians. Or HUD. Or the Brookings Institute.

Last edited:
i watch parks at some bias gala...he threw the independent appraiser under the proverbial bus...see if i can find that video

how long has parks been there...what is it a life tme appointment...no modernizing there...he is becoming like pale face bunton

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back