• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Appraisal Subcommittee Busted

LOL

The only way that happens is if the politicians who are pushing for this are also getting criminally prosecuted for their DEI ambitions. Surely a Nobel Prize winner like yourself is smart enough to understand that can't happen. Even in 2024 the accused will still retain the right to testify.

"Why did you do it"
"The Biden/Harris Administration made me do it in order to promote their DEI ambitions. We have the receipts."

It just keeps getting worse for the ASC. I’ve recently discovered that our old pal, John Brennan—formerly of TAF—has been hired by the ASC after being sacked by Clear Capital. There’s a cabal of teh same people running the entire US real estate valuation sector.

View attachment 90879

that brenen is one corrupt pale face...

It's like I said in another corrupt government thread I started (Absolute power corrupts absolutely).

The largest organized crime element is the government. The incumbent politicians are crime lords. Politicians are just the front men to big business to give us the illusion of control and rake in the cash.

So as Hatch stated....the ASC & TAF heads are just doing what the politicians are telling them what to do.

cant be independent when they are not...lap dogs

So in all probability, thanks to the ASC appraisers are funding the ads like the one below. You can't make this stuff up. Lol
From Appraisers Blog:

"Appraisers are highly trained and educated individuals who are legally and ethically bound to evaluate properties based on market data, comparable sales, and tangible property characteristics – they have no vested interest in the personal identities or backgrounds of the involved parties. To suggest that appraisers would jeopardize their entire livelihoods by incorporating biases or prejudices into their work is simply not grounded in reality. Despite the persistent accusations around racial bias in home valuations, the reality is that there is no documented legal case in which an appraiser has been convicted of racial discrimination."

As compared to National Fair Housing Alliance which is an advocacy group claiming/alluding to US Government sponsorship.

The amount of backroom dealing and backstabbing in this industry is staggering.

I visited sin city last week to see for myself, and ladies and gents it is true: Boots on the ground residential appraisers are not represented at any level. And then there's the drama at AI playing out right now, the only person of consequence who has spoken up for boots on the ground residential appraisers is being forced out. She is a highly educated outsider who was compelled to immediately point out the elephant in the room. Problem is that elephant has many friends and they are all in the club to further their own agendas, and those agendas do not align with independent boots on the ground appraisers.

Last edited:

I visited sin city last week to see for myself, and ladies and gents it is true: Boots on the ground residential appraisers are not represented at any level. And then there's the drama at AI playing out right now, the only person of consequence who has spoken up for boots on the ground residential appraisers is being forced out. She is a highly educated outsider who was compelled to immediately point out the elephant in the room. Problem is that elephant has many friends and they are all in the club to further their own agendas.
So, are you saying you went to The Valuation Expo? What's the plan if appraisers are eliminated? Pdc's....Artificial intelligence?

I don't see how there can be a valuation expo with no one to do the analysis for a valuation.

I visited sin city last week to see for myself, and ladies and gents it is true: Boots on the ground residential appraisers are not represented at any level. And then there's the drama at AI playing out right now, the only person of consequence who has spoken up for boots on the ground residential appraisers is being forced out. She is a highly educated outsider who was compelled to immediately point out the elephant in the room. Problem is that elephant has many friends and they are all in the club to further their own agendas, and those agendas do not align with independent boots on the ground appraisers.

We should have met up. I also visited to see the mess for myself. Not a lot of the "partnering" talk that we used to hear about appraisers and AMC needing to work together.

And the **** going on at AI right now is incredible.

For the first time in 25 years, I was about to join AI because of what Cindy was saying. I believe advocating for your profession is a duty we all have and for the first time in 25 years AI has a president who was starting to do that. And now it appears the old guard is trying to push her out. If she goes, every residential appraiser should quit that organization.

If I ran AI, every member associated with an AMC or advocates for them, would have their membership revoked.

I've put my application on hold until they decide which way they want to go.

Last edited:
So, are you saying you went to The Valuation Expo? What's the plan if appraisers are eliminated? Pdc's....Artificial intelligence?

I don't see how there can be a valuation expo with no one to do the analysis for a valuation.
Yep, the plan is pdc and automation with a few cubical or work at home appraisers signing of on whatever they will call the latest report. This will all roll downhill pretty fast when the UAD 2.0 rolls our. I watched several demos, and all are integrating pdc and artificial intelligence capabilities into their platforms. Like it or not, it is what it is and NO ONE wanted boots on the ground feedback.

As far as the future of the Expo, it isn't going anywhere. Most of the people there you would recognize and they are there making contacts and job hopping. The Expo isn't about appraisers meeting their clients or clients meeting appraisers, it's about the industry rubbing elbows and making contacts for their next job hop.

Right on point, there is almost no reason for working appraisers to attend. 10-15 years ago I knew an appraiser that went. He picked up a few new clients, and it was mostly banks, AMCs, lenders, etc. The trade show floor offered nothing for working appraisers.

State boards are also doing nothing. We have appraisal laws that are being skirted at every turn with these unlicensed people performing appraisal services. The lack of regulation and oversight is incredible. Most of these AMC should have their state licenses revoked just based on what they brag about on linkedin.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back