• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Forum platform is very unstable, again

are threads and posts getting locked or just this poorly working site doing its thing?

I have a dumb question. Not that it would certainly attribute to overhead, but we have over 80k member accounts and only like 30 actively posting. I'm sure admin know, but there may only be <500 that still log in, even if once every few years? Do other forums ever clear out old abandoned accounts?

If anything, the site is worse than a few months ago. Attaching a photo is a nightmare. Often it won't attach at at all and you can try to copy and paste. But even a 206kb pix won't and it claims it is "too large" although the limit is supposed to be 1,000 Kb. i finally end up reducing the pix size to 100 or less and it will attach. And then to get the post to reply...maybe and you'd best save the draft or copy the entire post as it is liable to disappear.

For the past ~24 hours site running smoothly....
A couple of minor glitches but I'm sure that will be corrected....

Because of my history with the TOB, I'm never quite sure if it's the site or another forumite(s) dropping a dime on me....

Forum software was upgraded over the weekend. You shouldn't have any more time outs with the 501 full page error.

I have one more minor glitch to run down then it should be smooth sailing.

Threads get locked either when I deem they have gone off topic or run their course, or when no replies have been made for a few months.

Again, we have just upgraded the forum software over the weekend and the server a couple of months ago. I ask that you give it a chance before you complain. When you do have an issue please be specific and start a new thread in "Forum help" and give details, screen shots etc. Without details I can't fix it.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back