• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Too Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

normando

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Is it just me. This week my Aurora on XP has been excruciating slow. It's killing me. I type the report and it's like normal but when I translate it to sendable file, it's so sloooooooooooooooooooow.
I have to save it and transfer it to my Windows 10 computer and use Total. I'm not accustom to Total but it's not that easy to use. And when I use the maps the comps are in wrong location. Ugh. I'm afraid is this the moment when I have to use Total because of the sloooooooooowness of Aurora on my XP.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Well, you're using 2 antiquated software packages, so I really am not surprised. Just bite the bullet and switch to Total. It really is not that much different and has some kickass features you probably will love.

normando

Professional Status
State
California
The problem is same as the demise of Windows. People never got use to Windows 7 or 8 and had to revert to Windows 10 to help transition from XP. Software companies need to not change interface and nomenclatures because users do not like radical changes. I saw the whistles of Total and they're superior but not impressive to me. I just want to complete and send report fast in old computer.

normando

Professional Status
State
California
Finally got the XML file and sent to client. It took me 1 and half hours also eating my lunch and being on AF before I got transfer to Total and change to XML file. Total is frustrating and got my blood pressure higher because of difficulty in using it. Come to think of it I don't like Windows 10 either because it's still not intuitive to use. How I miss XP. XP was the best.

normando

Professional Status
State
California
I've learned to adjust. I type my reports in the XP computer. When it comes time to send file to client, I transfer the file to my Windows 7 laptop which is much faster in converting and sending file.

Gregory Beck

Professional Status
State
Florida
Your using old antiquated software, it's time to upgrade to Total

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Time to retire that XP machine.
Maybe we can put together a group to drag you kicking and screaming into the modern world. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks