• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Trainee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavita

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
Need Advice. I was working as a trainee for two years. The supervisor did not informed the Department for having me as the trainee. Now I cannot prove my experience hours. Cannot take exam for certified residential . Any advice how to file hours I was working with supervisor and provided full valuations.

I had a call last winter from a 'trainee' who told a story similar to yours. He'd been working for a year and thought he was acquiring experience, but hadn't registered as a trainee. Having been a supervisory appraiser and had a trainee, there's a procedure to be followed. Horse first, then cart. It sounds like you probably have your education in order.

And I don't know what IL's procedures are. I'd suggest you contact your 'supervisor' and the state and see if something can be worked out to re-create the logs. Good luck.

Read up on your state’s laws on supervisors and trainees. Then call the state and see if they have a process for situations like yours.

Need Advice. I was working as a trainee for two years. The supervisor did not informed the Department for having me as the trainee. Now I cannot prove my experience hours.
Don't know what state you're in however, in CA you have to keep a log detailing what significant assistance you provided to each report you worked on. Your name should have been included in each report as well.

Should be simple enough to go through all the jobs with your supervisor as he has to retain reports for 5 years. The problem is if you didn't include in said reports that you assisted, that can be problematic. As John stated above, call your board and see what can be done.

Good luck.

T
Don't know what state you're in however, in CA you have to keep a log detailing what significant assistance you provided to each report you worked on. Your name should have been included in each report as well.

Should be simple enough to go through all the jobs with your supervisor as he has to retain reports for 5 years. The problem is if you didn't include in said reports that you assisted, that can be problematic. As John stated above, call your board and see what can be done.

Good luck.
tAn issue was that Supervisor didn’t follow the procedure. Did not informed for any good or bad reason Department. That means I was work for nothing and besides that have non experience hours, cannot take exam. Probably I will inform department.

Need Advice. I was working as a trainee for two years. The supervisor did not informed the Department for having me as the trainee. Now I cannot prove my experience hours. Cannot take exam for certified residential . Any advice how to file hours I was working with supervisor and provided full valuations.
There is a mandatory Supervisor-Trainee course before you can even get your trainee license. Did the two of you take it? The procedure for registering with the state as a tandem is outlined in that course, also the importance of doing so.

There is a mandatory Supervisor-Trainee course before you can even get your trainee license. Did the two of you take it? The procedure for registering with the state as a tandem is outlined in that course, also the importance of doing so.
Yes, I did. Having in mind, that Supervisors have more than 10 years experience, I rely on them. Was trying to be polite, not to demand or explain what to do ( I thought it's done) from the first day. Now I get , " you are welcome to work another year to collect your experience hours".

Yes, I did. Having in mind, that Supervisors have more than 10 years experience, I rely on them. Was trying to be polite, not to demand or explain what to do ( I thought it's done) from the first day. Now I get , " you are welcome to work another year to collect your experience hours".
Sorry this happened to you, my supervisor and I just made a point to register online at the same time in our office.

Its ultimately going to come down to the state board's decision. Some proof might or might not be helpful for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back