• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Transition from Residential Appraiser to Commercial Appraiser

So, like me, 15~20 hours for 1004 is typical?
Does the math then say you make $4.00 an hour or $40 an hour?

If you make $4.00 an hour, time to find a job that pays more than $4.00 an hour.

Idk but hours add up way quicker on commercial experience than single family residential.

The hours credit are way more. It don't take long to get to that 1500 hours. That is probably where they should probably talk to state and see how many hours credit a completed assignment gives them towards whatever they need.
In no less than 2 years.

If you work 8 hours a day, five days a week, no breaks/lunches/no bathroom breaks/no coffee, 100% work work work, you could get 1,500 hours in a calendar year.

Does the math then say you make $4.00 an hour or $40 an hour?

If you make $4.00 an hour, time to find a job that pays more than $4.00 an hour.
$30~$40. But in here living cost is very high, even the people sit in front of Home Depot can get a work for $50 / hour.

Last edited:
Idk but hours add up way quicker on commercial experience than single family residential.
Not hardly. When they want to limit you to 20 or 40 hours and you spend 50 or 60 hours...None of the CGs I know, including myself managed to get enough experience hours in less than 3 years.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back