• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Two Story Manufacured Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerilyn Butler

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Haha! We had this kind of story. It was annoying but yet unique. Then we moved to Los Angeles and had this renovated by Home Quality Remodeling experts. They took proper care of the house and now we are selling it with a big price. Is anyone up for it?

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
The bottom floor looks like painted brick or block and not manufactured - The upper level looks like a 1969 trailer that five drunk red-necks used a John Deer Crane to drop on top... Run dont walk there is nothing about this POS that meets any standards - Hell even a good old boy who stared in the movie deliverance would not live in this thing : )

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
The bottom floor looks like painted brick or block and not manufactured - The upper level looks like a 1969 trailer that five drunk red-necks used a John Deer Crane to drop on top... Run dont walk there is nothing about this POS that meets any standards - Hell even a good old boy who stared in the movie deliverance
Haha! We had this kind of story. It was annoying but yet unique. Then we moved to Los Angeles and had this renovated by Home Quality Remodeling experts. They took proper care of the house and now we are selling it with a big price. Is anyone up for it?
Please I have been in Los Angeles County area since 7 years old and one of the most strict code compliant places in America - Hell if they saw anything remote that looked like this nightmare they would red-tag it and place a lien- In most cases land value is 75% of total in LA so if the buyer got it cheap and raised it then yes he could make money but this hillbilly shack would not fly.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Here is my favorite triple wide T unit. It actually sold and when I appraised it 10 years ago, the owner bought it on contract and still lives there or at least owns it (I just checked.) Her dream palace I suppose. I cannot argue with happy. The back has another unit attached and is shorter than the one in front of it so you cannot see it. The ill painted red unit has a single room and kitchen, the bedrooms are in the back. The interior was a complete mess.

DSC02747 (Medium).JPG DSC02758 (Medium).JPG

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
That one is almost certainly a fail unless the state MH administrator has reviewed the plans and signed off on it.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
No regs here...

Too bad. That house has obviously been altered/modified (not original) and if you have no State Agency to inspect and approve then the lender needs to get a registered PE to sign off (or not.) This is the fannie quote, others are similar.

Manufactured homes that have an addition or have had a structural modification are eligible under
certain conditions. If the state in which the property is located requires inspection by a state agency
to approve modifications to the property, then the lender is required to confirm that the property has
met the requirement. However, if the state does not have this requirement, then the property must be
inspected by a licensed professional engineer who can certify that the addition or structural changes
were completed in accordance with the HUD Manufactured Home Construction Safety Standards. In
all cases, the satisfactory inspection report must be retained in the mortgage loan file

Same as HUD regarding moving the units (if re-sited then not eligible.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks