gorillakimchi
Junior Member
- Joined
- Dec 23, 2020
- Professional Status
- IT Professional-Appraisal Related
- State
- California

I have used DataMaster + TOTAL for UAD 2.6 and have been trying to learn UAD 3.6 with the same setup. However, 3.6 feels like a completely new workflow. DataMaster recently launched its UAD 3.6 version, but it still appears to be developing and I have not found useful training resources yet.
If I need to learn from the ground up anyway, I am considering other platforms. For those currently training or working with UAD 3.6, what software combination are you using, and which setup seems to be working best so far?
I also received a UAD 3.6 1004 order in Los Angeles at a fixed fee of $300. Considering the additional inspection and reporting time, I do not believe that fee reflects the scope of work. Personally, I believe $700 should be the minimum for a UAD 3.6 1004 assignment in this market.
I hope appraisers will be careful about accepting these assignments at very low fees. If we accept fees that do not reflect the increased work and responsibility, it will be difficult for everyone to establish a reasonable market standard.
If you do not mind sharing, a simple reply format like the following would be very helpful:
- Software setup: DataMaster + TOTAL
- UAD 3.6 1004 fee offered/accepted: $
- Reasonable minimum fees for 1004, 1073, or 1025: $