• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Ugh! I Can't Stand It Anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlock

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Received this email via AppraiserUSA.com contact form....

message: I HAVE A PROPERTY IN NEW EGYPT, NJ AND WITH THIS ECONOMY I NEED A HEADS UP IF THE VALUE IS NOT THERE..I KNOW IT IS HARD TO GET COMPS NOWADAYS. ALSO DO YOU TAKE CHECK BY PHONE OR CREDIT CARDS... PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP.. BY EMAIL..I HAVE A LOT OF WORK WE ARE JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE RELIABLE IN SOUTH JERSEY.

my response....

To Whom It May Concern,

If you are looking for a reliable and HONEST appraiser to cover the South
Jersey territory, then I would be happy to assist you with your appraisal
needs.

It is a violation of USPAP to take an assignment based on a predetermined value.

Feel free to email or fax your appraisal request to me.
Payment is C.O.D. (check, cash, money order). I would be happy to give you an estimate of value after conducting a physical inspection of the property, extensive research and preparing an appraisal report based on the scope of the assignment.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Enough is enough. I wish I could generate an automatic email response for comp checks. They are coming via email, fax, and phone calls HOT AND HEAVY!! And, by the way, you don't have to explain the current state of our economy to me or any other appraiser. Not too long ago, we wouldn't have the time, nor take the time to respond to your ridiculous request. :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Paul Isolda

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
They were able to find desperate appraisers needing work when things were good, it is even easier now. Someone will do this, someone who I'm hoping to beat in the war of attrition.

Last edited:

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Patricia,

Please do not complain about comp check requests if you do not have the "no comp check" box selected in your listing (which you do not).

I find that will stop most, if not all of these requests. Otherwise if you do not want to check the "no comp check" box, then just delete these rather than posting them in this forum.

I am moving this to the AppraiserUSA.com forum.

Received this email via AppraiserUSA.com contact form....

message: I HAVE A PROPERTY IN NEW EGYPT, NJ AND WITH THIS ECONOMY I NEED A HEADS UP IF THE VALUE IS NOT THERE..I KNOW IT IS HARD TO GET COMPS NOWADAYS. ALSO DO YOU TAKE CHECK BY PHONE OR CREDIT CARDS... PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP.. BY EMAIL..I HAVE A LOT OF WORK WE ARE JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE RELIABLE IN SOUTH JERSEY.

my response....

To Whom It May Concern,

If you are looking for a reliable and HONEST appraiser to cover the South
Jersey territory, then I would be happy to assist you with your appraisal
needs.

It is a violation of USPAP to take an assignment based on a predetermined value.

Feel free to email or fax your appraisal request to me.
Payment is C.O.D. (check, cash, money order). I would be happy to give you an estimate of value after conducting a physical inspection of the property, extensive research and preparing an appraisal report based on the scope of the assignment.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Enough is enough. I wish I could generate an automatic email response for comp checks. They are coming via email, fax, and phone calls HOT AND HEAVY!! And, by the way, you don't have to explain the current state of our economy to me or any other appraiser. Not too long ago, we wouldn't have the time, nor take the time to respond to your ridiculous request. :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

WMOORES

Professional Status
State
Florida
Comp Checks

Business is slow and with the coming of the HVCC, I really do feel it is gonna pass. I signed up with an AMC in my area figuring on getting local bank work. Well all they have sent me is 3 look ups, 2 cookie cutters and one with a est. value of 1.2 million! Went to thier website and right there they have an option for requesting look ups. And yes they call it Look Ups, not even a comp check. I started my appraisal career 6 years ago and now feel I might have made one of the poorest decisions of my life. The appraisal business does not even pay for the appraisal business anymore, never mind living expences.

ezillmer

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
I just got a fax on Friday looking for a comp check. I indicated to the AMC that they contacted the wrong office. I latter get a call from a different area code from an appraiser who would me to run comps for her on a property that she is thinking of doing. Same address. This is getting unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks