• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Undue Influence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraform

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Have you ever had a person get into your personal space and make you feel threatened? Is this a form of undue influence?

Terraform

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hehe. Rhodes said it could be a form of undue influence. What is the usual def?

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
OK, who was it? The borrower? A Realtor? the lender? I think of childish behavior as nothing more.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
It's a two part question and I'm not drawing the jist of what you're trying to discover.

There is a lot of psychology written about space invaders, and the invaded. Much depends on circumstances. But if people insist on being in your space, cough on them, grab your nose and claim you need a tissue. They'll back up and won't get close again.

If someone is trying to influence you, well, there's ways around that. But thinking on your feet helps.

Terraform

Professional Status
State
Florida
It was the borrower, I made it clear that he was being too intense. I told him "hey I am on a third story without railing and we need to step inside",

Terraform

Professional Status
State
Florida
I am wondering if undue influence is limited to value type conversations, or could it be expanded to physical intimidation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks