• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Urgent help needed on ACI photo problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisa

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
I received a condition today...Comp 5 and Comp 7 had the same photo...I figured I must have made a stupid error...my DH looks at my reports for such things and he didn't see it...

So I check the report..sure enough...same photos. SO I open it up and fix it..and somehow Comp 5 and Comp 7 are linked...you change one and it changes the other. I tried clearing it and saving them blank...clear one it clears the other. I rebooted..same deal. Each time I change Comp 5 it changes Comp 7...each time I change Comp 7 it changes Comp 5.

I've searched on the report for an option that may cause this and can't find anything.

Any ideas? I promised to send this back this evening...can't send it back
without being able to fix it.

I'd appreciate any help!!!! especially while I still have hair left.

Thanks!
Alisa

:shrug:

Rufus

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Indiana
I use WinTotal so this might not help, but try deleting the affected picture pages completely, re-add the picture pages, and then pop in the photos.

Tim The Enchanter

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Lose comp 7. :shrug:

Or take the comps 7-9 photo page out and put comp 7 on an extra photo page. :flowers:

Just workaround ideas, never had that problem. Sounds like an ACI bug. I never had a problem with comps 1 to 6, and almost never go past 6 comps. No need.

BOB PADRICK

Professional Status
State
Florida
I've seen that before. Quickest work around is to use the extra photo page for now...used to happen on some condo forms, and also I think on the gpar, though not at the same time.

Alisa

Professional Status
State
Texas
Rufus, I tried that -- didn't help.

Lee, I think I will try what you suggested. I think it is an ACI bug and will call them tomorrow. This is the first time I've ever used a 7th comp and now I wish I hadn't.

thanks!

Alisa

Obsolescent

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
I've seen that before. Quickest work around is to use the extra photo page for now...used to happen on some condo forms, and also I think on the gpar, though not at the same time.

I used the ACI GPAR form today and noticed my Comp Picture page was messed up as well. I typed up the grid using 6 comps. Eliminated two comps, then rearranged their order - but the changes were not reflected in the Comp Photo page. Even the comps I eliminated still showed up in the photo pages. I had to go back and retype the correct info for the comp photo pages.

Alisa

Professional Status
State
Texas
Judy, it's the strangest thing. I added a 1 photo page and put in the comp photo..then I removed the comp 7,8,9 page and to add to my frustration
the program deleted my comps photos 2 and 3 at the same time!!!

Go figure!

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Hi - see my photo gremlins message. I think you need to be sure to delete the nutty pages and close the report. I would also close ACI and slap the side of the monitor for good measure. Then reopen ACI, reopen the report, add the new photo page, etc.

Rufus

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Indiana
...slap the side of the monitor for good measure.
Known as percussive maintenance. "The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks