• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

V = # of rooms X $100,000 X price of coke in room

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Researching infor on hotel valuation and the authors came up with technique #7:

Value = Number of rooms X $100,000 X price of coke/pepsi in the hall machine or in the bar.

bizzare at least, but next hotel I go to, Ill try it!!

V = 50 rms x 100,000 x 1.50

V = $7,500,000.00

A

Anonymous

Don't know but in the past year I have had to stay at a Renassance and a Hilton, and have stayed at Super8 and Economy Lodge. The high dollar hotels have the crappiest and smallest TV's with about 6 channels - not even the weather channel at the Renassance Houston charged $8 a day to park your own car, whose floors were thread bare, lumpy beds, a $200/night flop house in my book.....The cheapie hotels (Albuquerque and Carlsbad, NM) had 30-40 channels, free HBO, and they were actually CLEAN. So the value may be inversely proportional to the # of channels on the TV.
ps- Cokes in Ren. was $1 in machine and 65 cents in the gift shop.

A

Anonymous

Maybe the formula could be rooms x free tv channels x 100,000 divided by the available premium channels, or the average temperture of the pool squared. makes just as much sense.

Paul Ness MAI

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I saw that formula too, written by Steve Rushmore. At first I thought it was a joke. A long time ago one of my AI course instructors said the NNN rental rate for light industrial space in any town was equal to the price of a drink at the local hotel bar. Now that WAS a joke.

Austin

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Virginia
Sounds like the algorithm for some AVM's I have seen. Based on the same theory too.

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
In the 80's, you could find the cap rate by moving the decimal point in the gallon price of gasoline. $1.20 gas = 12% cap, $0.80 gas = 8% cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks