• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Veteran Affairs Home Loan Guarantee Program Faces Appraisal Problems Dsnews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
You notice they don't use the word "Tidewater." They have been trying to phase out that term.

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
No shortage of VA appraisers here in Phoenix. Between the fee increase in December and the addition of who knows how many appraisers to the panel my weekly assignment volume is down to 1 these days. ;(

form1025

Professional Status
State
Illinois
No shortage of VA appraisers here in Phoenix. Between the fee increase in December and the addition of who knows how many appraisers to the panel my weekly assignment volume is down to 1 these days. ;(

Only 1 this week also, typically it's 4 or 5.

graindart

Professional Status
State
Montana
I'm new to the VA roster and had no idea how much volume to expect. I was dreaming of several per week, but have completed just 2 in the past month. Was hoping this was going to be my chance to kick a few crappy clients to the curb, but now it looks like that's not going to be an option.

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
I'm new to the VA roster and had no idea how much volume to expect. I was dreaming of several per week, but have completed just 2 in the past month. Was hoping this was going to be my chance to kick a few crappy clients to the curb, but now it looks like that's not going to be an option.

Hang in there. I was averaging 4 to 5 a week until the start of this year. It has been a little slow, but there have been slow downs like this in the past and it usually picks up again.

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
I am in the same boat...I have been receiving roughly 1 assignment per week for about a month. I hope it does pick up as I have a few AMCs I would love to tell them to kick rocks:)! On a side note I have been reading over the handbook and material that they sent over. It seems they are fairly vague on MPR guidelines. I do think they need to step up training.

PhillyNJ

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
http://www.dsnews.com/daily-dose/04...an-guarantee-program-faces-appraisal-problems

VA Home Loan Guarantee Program Faces Appraisal Problems
DSNews.com - ‎Apr 4, 2017‎
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) and other industry leaders testified before Congress this week to discuss the Veterans Affairs (VA) Home Loan Guarantee Program. “America's veterans have been well-served for years by VA's appraisal system, ...

“What we’ve found is that, among appraisers, there’s a real reluctance to work with the VA,” Bradley said. “Generally, appraisers are dissatisfied with the level of compensation they’re receiving for their work."

Who ever said this?? Most like working for VA and their fees are just fine.

"Still, Bradley praised a system called “Reconsideration of Value,” which has VA appraisers notify the lender’s point of contact if the sale price of a home is higher than the appraisal."

Why is this a good thing? Appraiser's are supposed to be unbiased without any influence?

I just don't get a lot of articles I see on appraising. Most have nothing good to say...a lot of times the article is just false propaganda. This industry has a very difficult road ahead. It's not because of the appraiser's themselves...but every other industry wants to see the industry gone.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
"Still, Bradley praised a system called “Reconsideration of Value,” which has VA appraisers notify the lender’s point of contact if the sale price of a home is higher than the appraisal."

Why is this a good thing? Appraiser's are supposed to be unbiased without any influence?

Excellent Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks