• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

weird request

Status
Not open for further replies.

London

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Hello all,
We did an FHA appraisal for a client around a month ago. There was some exposed telephone wiring, and a missing light switch in the subject. That was it. We told them about it, and gave them pictures. We did our job and told them about it. Figuring if it was a problem, they would request a 92051. The loan closed, and that was that. The loan now has sold to some other bank, who now is feeling uneasy, and said that work should have been done, and a 92051 should have been requested. So now the bank, not our original client wants a 92051. Is this a common request? The borrower has moved in, and completed the work. Does it matter that the bank requesting for the 92051 is not our client?

stefan olafson

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
North Dakota
New Client, New Request

Simple as that if you want to follow USPAP....

TITAN1

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
It's never happend to me but I would tell the requesting bank the following.
1) Have the bank contact the new owner and inform them that they are going to request a CIR and to comply with allowing you access.
2) They say it should have been done, ( that was the FHA underwriter's call not yours.)
3) Have the bank send you an order (new client new file) clearly stating your SOW ( new light switch & fixed exposed telephone wires) with a check for your fee and go do the CIR but do not deliver until the check is cashed.

by the way, did the exposed telephone wires pose a health or safety issue? could you have triped over them?

At times in my area the phone company runs the indoor lines attached to the baseboards , in some instances the staples that attach the lines to the baseboards dislodge and you have a hanging telephone wire. I havn't considered this in the past as an issue for FHA.
But, only the inspecting appraiser can make that judgement call.

Just my 2 cents!!

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
Exposed telephone wiring is not MPR...Missing light switch only if electrical is exposed.This is a new client...

London

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
It's never happend to me but I would tell the requesting bank the following.
1) Have the bank contact the new owner and inform them that they are going to request a CIR and to comply with allowing you access.
2) They say it should have been done, ( that was the FHA underwriter's call not yours.)
3) Have the bank send you an order (new client new file) clearly stating your SOW ( new light switch & fixed exposed telephone wires) with a check for your fee and go do the CIR but do not deliver until the check is cashed.

by the way, did the exposed telephone wires pose a health or safety issue? could you have triped over them?

At times in my area the phone company runs the indoor lines attached to the baseboards , in some instances the staples that attach the lines to the baseboards dislodge and you have a hanging telephone wire. I havn't considered this in the past as an issue for FHA.
But, only the inspecting appraiser can make that judgement call.

Just my 2 cents!!

No, all the wires were hanging out of the wall (above the kitchen counter), as if someone ripped the jack out of the kitchen wall. We just told them about it, like we are suppose to.

Last edited:

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
No, all the wires were hanging out of the wall (above the kitchen counter), as if someone ripped the jack out of the kitchen wall. We just told them about it, like we are suppose to.

Did you MPR the wiring or report it as cosmetic?

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
State
Missouri
Hello all,
We did an FHA appraisal for a client around a month ago. There was some exposed telephone wiring, and a missing light switch in the subject. That was it. We told them about it, and gave them pictures. We did our job and told them about it. Figuring if it was a problem, they would request a 92051. The loan closed, and that was that. The loan now has sold to some other bank, who now is feeling uneasy, and said that work should have been done, and a 92051 should have been requested. So now the bank, not our original client wants a 92051. Is this a common request? The borrower has moved in, and completed the work. Does it matter that the bank requesting for the 92051 is not our client?

London,

Your assignment for your previous client is complete. This new client has decided they want comformation that a specific repair has been done. This is not an extension of a previous assignment, it is a new assignment. Treat it just as you would if you had never done the original assignment. It was a different client and is complete.

The new order is not for an appraisal, it is just an assignment to do a simple on-site verification of the status of a telephone outlet.

Make your report in a letter with photo attached.

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
The new order is not for an appraisal, it is just an assignment to do a simple on-site verification of the status of a telephone outlet.

The simple solution is always the best.

London

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Thank you all for your replies! Much appreciated!

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
London,

Your assignment for your previous client is complete. This new client has decided they want comformation that a specific repair has been done. This is not an extension of a previous assignment, it is a new assignment. Treat it just as you would if you had never done the original assignment. It was a different client and is complete.

This is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks