• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What have you done?!?!?!

What have YOU done?

• Turned in 1 complaint against an Appraiser to your State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turned in 2 - 5 complaints against an Appraiser to your State

• Turned in 6 - 10 complaints against an Appraiser to your State

• Turned in 10 + complaints against an Appraiser to your State

• Filed a complaint against a Realtor

• Filed a complaint against a Lender or Loan Officer

• None of the above

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
After reading Terry's (atc) post under the Ethics vs Education poll, I've decided to do another poll to go along with it.

graindart

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Montana
You forgot to add the option of "nothing at all".

BenLuby

Professional Status
State
Georgia
Pamela,
Got to wait to get my license before I can start doing reviews, and make sure I am comfortable in the market that I want to review.
Otherwise, I'll get lynched by the licensed and above on this forum. They have made it clear that, until one has the license, then one is legally stupid. And, for the most part, I agree. I still see a long road ahead of me. Not til I get licensed, just until I get good enough to feel ready for anything. Right now, nothing big, please.
Besides, how do you get a lender to put you on their review appraisers list? Not expecting an answer, folks, so put down the cutlery. I was merely speculating. I'll figure it out when the time comes.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I have filed more than 10 complaints but not against just a single appraiser. I have filed multiple complaints on a few appraisers and in fact two of them received active suspensions.

It is a serious thing to file a complaint and I take it VERY seriously. I will not file an anonomous complaintunless I am willing to sign my name and only when I see a clear indication of incompetency, fraud or inflated values.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
I second ALL Bob's comments above.

When you observe a group of appraisers kvetching at EVERY CE class over a year's period of time about the number of bad appraisals they have reviewed by a "certain appraiser who's initials are XYZ"
Not a few but many, by indiviudals working a wide geograpic area!!!

If you challenge them as to why they are not filing complaints instead of excercising their jaws, you tend to get the same set of responses:

1. It is against USPAP to turn that person in (NOT TRUE)
2. It violates Client Confidentiality (also untrue)
3. It might start a war and I don't want to get involved
(you ARE involved :x idjit!)

so here's My personal message to those who wait...
and gripe and watch the violations grow over the YEARS!!!!

DO SOMTHING instead of just griping!

or you are part of the problem<!> <!> <!> !

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Lee Ann,

I will head off tonight to Raleigh, NC for the NCAB meeting tomorrow. I am signed up to speak (again) during the Open Forum. Again, I will urge the board to be fair and firm with violators. This idea that a CE class will cure a dishonest appraiser must stop! The policy of sending folks to an ethics class to "cure" them...is just not working.

62 complaints filed with the NCAB in July!

David C. Johnson

<span style='color:darkblue'>Good post Lee Ann. I got a grin reading the term: "idjit!" and particularly its appropriateness in use!

Bob, I look forward to hearing how things go tomorrow. I am over-swomped and almost certainly will miss the meeting.

Pam, I have turned in one appraiser. Clear and convincing USPAP violations. Nothing was done about it at all. (He was a buddy of some in control there.)

dcj</span>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks