• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

What Was That Cost Approach Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Baird

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Mississippi
A few years ago I used a good cost approach web site that was free and in some pretty good detail. It was named buildercost.net or builders.net.com or something along those lines. Does anyone know the web site or even if they are still around? I can't find them now on my Goggle search. Thanks.

G-man

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Wow, thanks for the information. My office has the Marshall and Swift book, but it's not always available when I really need it. Now I can look up simple reproduction costs without it. Thanks!

Claudia Cullen

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
Thanks for the link Bobby! I have 3 reports due tomorrow :unsure: so I guess I'll be getting some use out of this site! :)

Robert Dunkle

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oklahoma
Has anyone out there compared M & S with this site? I tried this site on a couple houses in the Tulsa area and it comes out $4-5 / sf above what I'm seeing new houses sell for.

Steve Gish

Sophomore Member
This thing is GREAT. My only concern is, will it stand up in a court of law. I know the web site says we get our data from contractors and subcontractors, architectural and engineering firms, material suppliers, material price services, analysis of plans, specifications, estimates and completed project costs, and both published and unpublished cost studies. I'm green and have to question everything. :D

I tried it on my house here in KC and it came out pretty close, within 1-2% replacement vs. appraised value.

I ran costs on a new deck I'd had an estimate done on by a contracter and I came out $3.00 difference. Pretty good I thought.

Tejus

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
In general, the lower the construction quality of the house the closer the building-cost estimate is to my local cost data.

If the house is high quality with upgrades, I have to scale up the building-cost estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks