• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What's the best Software to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjgman

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Hello, I have been out of the business for awhile and I have recently recieved my license and I am starting my own business. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about the best software to use. I have heard a lot of people using WinTotal and also ACI I have been doing my research but I would like some suggestions please.

Jason Barber

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
First off, what kind of appraising will you be doing? Will you require multiple licenses for additional support staff?

What are your clients needs? Will you be working for AMC's or other types of clients? Everyone here surely has an opinion as to what is "the best" software for them, but you need to understand your own needs first. What are you familiar with? Will the learning curve for new software payoff for you in the end?

If you go by market share alone... A la mode, ACI and Bradford are more than likely 1,2 and 3. If you go by "bells & whistles", A la mode probably offers the most, followed by ACI, then Bradford. Of course with more features comes more cost. Stability is also an issue noted by many appraisers whos appraisal software is too "bloated".

I would caution you on choosing your software based on other peoples opinions in this forum. Downloading a demo version from each vendor to test drive might give you a feel for each type. In the end I would choose whatever streamlines your operation the best and provides stability and support for your business.

Good luck, it's certainly an important choice for any new business owner.

Lee McClish

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
I use ACI for residential stuff. I have found it to be easy to use, however I think once you use one, the one doesn't seem right to you. I tried the Wintotal software (Demo Version). I just didn't care for it. I'm not sure if it comes from years using ACI and I'm just comfortable with it? I think Jason is right though, use which ever software meets your specific needs! Good Luck with your new business!

P.S. The residential markets in most area's are kinda in turmoil right now!?!

K Taylor

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I use ACI becouse they have good support if you need it. It is very user freindly and is mid range for price....

K Taylor

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I am looking to put together a welcome packet for new clients. Any help with content and menu for prices ?

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
State
Michigan
What kind of clients? Every client has a distinct need, as a result each needs a different information packet. Do clients actually read welcome packages...I have never had much success with anything beyond my reputation, that can only be packaged through word of mouth, seminars, or just good will.

Joyce Potts

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Alamode/WinTotal, bar none.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
WCA-Inc, bar none. :)

It's personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks