• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Will You Get The Vaccine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 152047
  • Start date Start date

Will you get the vaccine?

  • Yes

    Votes: 46 65.7%
  • No

    Votes: 12 17.1%
  • I don't know yet

    Votes: 12 17.1%

  • Total voters
    70
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What they fail to consider. Is that at the present time. The vaccine is actually being given piecemeal. It is spread out over a large number of locations that are only vaccinating specific relatively small groups. Not very effecient. The rate of vaccination should increase substantially. Once the size of the eligible groups increase.
Not only that, let’s be honest: If they were handing out crisp new $100 bills it would be near impossible to hit the numbers they’re promising the public. Add to that they need to do it twice in quick succession. No way we hit anywhere near the numbers being thrown around. And another thing not being said, if I and other people who have had it only have antibodies for 3-6 months how in the world is the vaccine any better?
 
I'm not totally against it, but I think I want to see how things turn out for those that have taken it right up until they've taken the second dose. Kind of like downloading the latest software updates. I always wait because I expect there are still bugs to work out and will likely result in another update.

I have a serious question. Let's say this vaccine doesn't work out and more than 2 million essential workers that got vaccinated get exposed to a mutated strain of coronavirus. What the F* are we going to do when people we rely on start dying off?
 
Tonight I was talking about the vaccine with my wife.
Before I knew it she was ranting about I shouldn't be go to crowded places and I better not get COVID or she'll divorce me.
She can get very emotional.
I think I may have to cut down in number of interior appraisals.
If I get COVID, I don't want to live.
 
who have had it only have antibodies for 3-6 months
Antibodies are not necessary. The B and T cells have "learned" the virus and will respond fast if it intrudes. The only question is if the T cell response goes berserk and cascades into a cytokine storm- which is often fatal.
 
Antibodies are not necessary. The B and T cells have "learned" the virus and will respond fast if it intrudes. The only question is if the T cell response goes berserk and cascades into a cytokine storm- which is often fatal.
Hope so. Not going to lie, the fever just broke and I was getting worried. Pretty intense evening. Now I can't sleep, stuffy sinuses (no drip or cough) with a mild headache again and feel like I could eat a horse.
 
The biggest problem with this whole vaccine situation. Is that they seem not to know the answers to questions like how long will you be immune, can you still transmit the virus if you have the vaccine, etc. The length of immunity question will just take time to answer. Has not been long enough. But I do wonder if they have done any studies on the immune condition of people that were infected early on and recovered. Some of those cases are almost 10 months or more old. As far as transmiting the virus if you have immunity. If I understand. The antibodies basically kill the virus. So if after a period of time you have no live virus. How could you transmit. I could see the possibility of transmission for a short period of time right after you are fully vaccinated. But not after the virus has been eliminated from your system.
 
I might get the vaccine in about three to five years. I would like for us to know a bit more about the overall physiology associated with the virus and the effects of the vaccine.

The problem with vaccines is that supporting data is provided by the pharmaceutical companies- relying on that is like getting your appraisal data from the mortgage broker.
 
The problem they are having right now is being efficient on getting the vaccines distributed in an efficient manner. It's not well planned out. One medical or govt official suggested they have a special lottery and give away lottery tickets for taking the vaccine. A problem right now is boots on the ground getting the vaccine distributed in an orderly fashion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top