• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Intimidation....I Will Not Be Silenced

It seems like there's more to what you're saying.
I believe birds of a feather……
As far as what they documented in the letter, as you know lenders and AMCs have written policies and procedures in place for instances such as this, which they must follow and they must document steps taken along the way for audit. They don't get to pick and choose.
Yes, policies and procedures. If theirs doesn’t include a policy to maintain up to date credentials that’s a no-no. But I bet it does. And I bet they chose to ignore it. And I bet they make a lot of compliance choices you and I wouldn’t agree with.
I show active credentials on ASC.
Way more to it than that; copy of current insurance, copy of current license, current background check if that’s policy, etc. Internal audit rode my rear end when they found expired copies.

I haven’t said I agree or disagree with the OP’s social media post cited in the letter. I do support his advocacy for independent appraisers and his efforts to expose rotten AMCs.

As far as Solidifi, they don’t have to do business with him. But I question their motives and their actions. If this was purely a reputational risk move, it would have been done differently. In my experience the reputational risk playbook is to not make the problem worse or get involved in drama, and the letter would have simply stated “for X reasons we are removing you from our panel.” And despite what some think, there isn’t any standard for a “reason”, it could be as simple as “we don’t like your attitude.”
 
AMC becomes aware of unprofessional conduct by an appraiser on their panel. They give appraiser 30 days to respond before committee makes a decision on his conduct, which could result in referral to the state. Its federal law that AMCs and lenders must report unprofessional conduct to the applicable state.

1786507085484.png

In GA, appraisers are on an AMCs' panel as soon as they perform one appraisal, and they remain on the panel until they send a letter to the appraiser removing him with an explanation of its actions. Whatever you are talking about this lenders list or that lenders rotation is not how the state looks at it. Many states require an opportunity for the appraiser to respond to the reasons for removal, which it sounds like was afforded to OP.

1786506987059.png
Go ahead an criticize Solidifi for not just silently benching him for not updating his E&O or whatever, but they appear to be acting within the letter of the regulations.

Or maybe its a grand REVAA conspiracy among AMCs colluding against one appraiser to silence him once and for all with... a fairly boilerplate letter that quotes some of his frankly problematic social media posts using his real name... all while not realizing they just picked a fight with The Appraiser Who Cannot Be Silenced.
 
oh you work for solidifi...they are scum bags...and that is a compliment
Looks like I stopped back in 2021. I did maybe 3-5 orders before I realized they weren't interested in paying what I expected.

1786511208088.png
 
I say the OP posted a half story and he's sure agitated about AMCs and lenders while claiming he doesn't do and work for them. Just Saying..)
There is no “half story.” I posted the letter and explained exactly what led up to it. I haven’t performed work for either AMC in roughly 20 months. The issue is that one AMC chose to involve itself over comments I made about another AMC. That is what happened, and I think it raises some very legitimate questions. Nothing more, nothing less.

On that note, if anyone knows an attorney who handles antitrust, unfair competition, or similar matters and might be interested in taking a look at this, feel free to send them my way.
 
AMC becomes aware of unprofessional conduct by an appraiser on their panel. They give appraiser 30 days to respond before committee makes a decision on his conduct, which could result in referral to the state. Its federal law that AMCs and lenders must report unprofessional conduct to the applicable state.

View attachment 111170

In GA, appraisers are on an AMCs' panel as soon as they perform one appraisal, and they remain on the panel until they send a letter to the appraiser removing him with an explanation of its actions. Whatever you are talking about this lenders list or that lenders rotation is not how the state looks at it. Many states require an opportunity for the appraiser to respond to the reasons for removal, which it sounds like was afforded to OP.

View attachment 111169
Go ahead an criticize Solidifi for not just silently benching him for not updating his E&O or whatever, but they appear to be acting within the letter of the regulations.

Or maybe its a grand REVAA conspiracy among AMCs colluding against one appraiser to silence him once and for all with... a fairly boilerplate letter that quotes some of his frankly problematic social media posts using his real name... all while not realizing they just picked a fight with The Appraiser Who Cannot Be Silenced.
Nobody is arguing whether Solidifi can remove me from its panel. They can. That still avoids the actual issue.

The comments had nothing to do with an appraisal, a client, Solidifi, or any work I performed for Solidifi. They concerned ANOTHER AMC, and I haven't performed an appraisal for Solidifi in roughly 20 months.

So spare me the “grand conspiracy” nonsense. The legitimate question is why one AMC is monitoring an appraiser's criticism of another AMC and then using those comments as the basis for action against me. Whether that ultimately violates any law is a question for an attorney, not a forum thread. But pretending there is nothing worth questioning here is just as ridiculous as claiming there is some grand conspiracy.

Let me put it another way. I go to a Chevy dealership and bad-mouth Hyundai. Later I walk into a Hyundai dealership to buy a car. Is Hyundai going to say, “Sorry, we heard what you said about us at Chevy, so we refuse to sell you a car”? Of course not.

That is essentially what bothers me here, except it's worse. My comments weren't about Solidifi. They were about ANOTHER AMC. Solidifi decided to insert itself into a dispute that had absolutely nothing to do with them, my appraisal work, or any appraisal I performed for them.

Whether they technically have the right to remove me from their panel isn't the point. Nobody is disputing that. The question is why one supposedly independent AMC is policing what an appraiser says about another supposedly independent AMC.

That's the overstep, and that's the issue people keep dancing around.
 
Soli was a good canadian company when they first started in this area, mostly REO. Then after being here a couple years, maybe someone bought them, they went straight down the toilet flush with their pricing and lack of property lock boxes not working.

To the poster. No attorney is going to go after them for your 1 letter. I was taken once off a list, only to find out years later that it was because of an anonymous posting on some web site, written in bad grammar by one of there employees. Years later that same lender wanted me back. You know what i said, fudge you.

You are wasting your energy on something that will not be changed. Revenge is only a dream in your case. I have been thru enough to have learned about forgetting some things. But an interesting post, thanks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DTB
Soli was a good canadian company when they first started in this area, mostly REO. Then after being here a couple years, maybe someone bought them, they went straight down the toilet flush with their pricing and lack of property lock boxes not working.

To the poster. No attorney is going to go after them for your 1 letter. I was taken once off a list, only to find out years later that it was because of an anonymous posting on some web site, written in bad grammar by one of there employees. Years later that same lender wanted me back. You know what i said, fudge you.

You are wasting your energy on something that will not be changed. Revenge is only a dream in your case. I have been thru enough to have learned about forgetting some things. But an interesting post, thanks.
I understand your point, and believe me, I'm not interested in wasting time or money chasing revenge. If this were simply Solidifi deciding they didn't want me on their panel anymore, I honestly wouldn't care.

What caught my attention is WHY. One AMC taking action against an appraiser over comments made about another AMC raises questions that, in my opinion, are worth asking.

Maybe an attorney looks at it and says there's nothing there. Fine. But I'd rather have someone who understands antitrust and FTC law tell me that than simply assume it's nothing and walk away.
 
The question is why one supposedly independent AMC is policing what an appraiser says about another supposedly independent AMC.

I already told you why. Once they become aware of unprofessional conduct by an appraiser on their panel, they are obligated to follow through with whatever their written internal policies instruct.

Your comments were so stupid and offensive, none of this should be a surprise. You weren’t at a Chevy dealership, you were in a public forum… Linkedin no less which is where corporate HR squares hang out. If you can’t figure this out without spotlighting your self inflicted wounds all over the internet and claiming victimhood, then maybe it’s time to question your activism.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top