• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

3.6 Crunch Time

Just received an email a few days ago. A major direct lender client says that as of October 1 the reports will be ordered as 3.6 (unless not secondary market). They have been a little late to the game because they merged with another bank. So really this entire process goes all 3.6 as of October 1 unless it is a home equity line or something not sold to GSEs.

On a previous post I said an AMC ordered a 3.6 appraisal for $400. I bid $600. Well 2 days later I get the bid for $600. Which tells me a few things: 1) Appraisers are not accepting low fees for 3.6 2) Appraisers aren’t ready to do 3.6. Could be a combination of both. This company seldom if EVER TAKES my bids on appraisals. The only ones I ever get are ones that are complex and no one wants to do like muli-family.

But I now know at least 4 appraisers that are either not doing 3.6 or just left the business. There will be a thinning of the herd for sure. But with rates going up, we probably won’t see any big increase in volume. I fully expect rates to hit close to 8%. But if we ever get inflation under control and rates come down. Look out for a boom in refinancing.
 
Just received an email a few days ago. A major direct lender client says that as of October 1 the reports will be ordered as 3.6 (unless not secondary market). They have been a little late to the game because they merged with another bank. So really this entire process goes all 3.6 as of October 1 unless it is a home equity line or something not sold to GSEs.

On a previous post I said an AMC ordered a 3.6 appraisal for $400. I bid $600. Well 2 days later I get the bid for $600. Which tells me a few things: 1) Appraisers are not accepting low fees for 3.6 2) Appraisers aren’t ready to do 3.6. Could be a combination of both. This company seldom if EVER TAKES my bids on appraisals. The only ones I ever get are ones that are complex and no one wants to do like muli-family.

But I now know at least 4 appraisers that are either not doing 3.6 or just left the business. There will be a thinning of the herd for sure. But with rates going up, we probably won’t see any big increase in volume. I fully expect rates to hit close to 8%. But if we ever get inflation under control and rates come down. Look out for a boom in refinancing.
Yeah, six years from now when I retire!
 
Wow. Facebook is exploding. ACI just announced they are killing their current 3.6 workbench Oct 9 due to it not meeting expectations and will relaunch Spring of 2027. Just wow.
 
I don’t understand. I thought the software was tested and approved by the GSEs? :rof:

Wonder what sort of check they wrote to get “approved” ? :rof:

What is the 3.6 workbench? Is that their entire 3.6 software?
 
I don’t understand. I thought the software was tested and approved by the GSEs? :rof:

Wonder what sort of check they wrote to get “approved” ? :rof:

What is the 3.6 workbench? Is that their entire 3.6 software?
The Freddie webinar listed ACI as their approved Legacy Providers. One less software company for me to check out.
Freddie predicted many more software companies wanting to make 3.6 forms. Can't wait.
 
I do hope Alamode will be able to transfer my data from 2.6 and clone it to 3.6. If not, I can choose a better software company.
 
Next announcement may be their filing bankruptcy or selling their customers list to other firms.

I suppose many doing non lender assignments may stay on board if their used to it and it's cheaper than others software.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top