• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

3.6 Crunch Time

It was dead on arrival the very first day I attempted to use it. So every ACI user will need to use something else for 3.6 The only way to get these people back is to come out with the best appraisal software ever seen. Based on version 1.0, i'm not sure they can do it. Good luck ACI - you are going to need lots of it
 
It was dead on arrival the very first day I attempted to use it. So every ACI user will need to use something else for 3.6 The only way to get these people back is to come out with the best appraisal software ever seen. Based on version 1.0, i'm not sure they can do it. Good luck ACI - you are going to need lots of it
Once people leave they aren't going back. ACI will go out of business.
 
Here’s a real world example from a realtor I recently spoke with:
Appraiser called to schedule a new 3.6 inspection. The inspection took a little longer than normal but no problems so far. The appraiser completed the 3.6 report and according to them it took additional time to complete. The file was delayed because of troubles submitting the report due to hard stop errors. After submission the AMC sent the appraiser 2 pages of revisions requesting additional addendums and commentary. The appraiser responded that the required commentary has already been provided through the designated drop-down fields in the new 3.6 report. The AMC demanded that all of the revisions and additional commentary be addressed anyway. The appraiser canceled the assignment and was denied a trip fee. We are now with a new lender that does not require 3.6 appraisals.

It’s not just our learning curve that will increase our workload and decease our productivity. Increase your fees accordingly.
And how does the realtor know this? Because they are not the appraiser, nor the appraiser's client and only "knows" what they are told.
 
I don’t understand. I thought the software was tested and approved by the GSEs? :rof:

Wonder what sort of check they wrote to get “approved” ? :rof:

What is the 3.6 workbench? Is that their entire 3.6 software?
Approved only means the software contained the required elements. Not that it worked. I am bummed because I just renewed with them.
 
Next announcement may be their filing bankruptcy or selling their customers list to other firms.

I suppose many doing non lender assignments may stay on board if their used to it and it's cheaper than others software.
ACI owned by First America Financial. They have bigger fish to fry
 
I do hope Alamode will be able to transfer my data from 2.6 and clone it to 3.6. If not, I can choose a better software company.
None of them will do that because most of the data points are not compatible as well as the formats are not compatible.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top