• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

1004mc Soon Not To Be Required By Fannie Mae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why the OP changed their name and avatar? Maybe I missed something.

That seems more important than the same old pissing contests
:(

my guess is denis got fed up with a number of members who contribute nothing but conspiracy theories, blame others for everything wrong in our profession and generally have no respect for our profession. the name and avatar were most likely changed when he quit the board.

so tell us joe, do you put forth the same effort regardless of fee or do you employ "non meaningful market analysis" when the fee is lower than typical?

Did I ever say otherwise? Did I even say that you don't do that? Does that mean all appraisers are like that?

Did I ever say otherwise? Did I even say that you don't do that? Does that mean all appraisers are like that?

well we know at least 3 appraisers do not employ that tactic based on their posts here. so where is the proof for your belief that lower fees = "non meaningful market analysis", or a lesser quality report? that is of course based on the belief that "non meaningful market analysis" results in a lesser quality report, but if it does not then tell us what it does mean joe?

my guess is denis got fed up with a number of members who contribute nothing but conspiracy theories, blame others for everything wrong in our profession and generally have no respect for our profession. the name and avatar were most likely changed when he quit the board.
That is exactly what happened. We are both at the AI conference. I spoke with him at lunch today, and he told me he was done with this forum.

I guess I did miss something...

13 year AF member quits over this thread????

I guess every camel has a "straw"....

well we know at least 3 appraisers do not employ that tactic based on their posts here. so where is the proof for your belief that lower fees = "non meaningful market analysis", or a lesser quality report? that is of course based on the belief that "non meaningful market analysis" results in a lesser quality report, but if it does not then tell us what it does mean joe?

OMG. When did I say lower fees = lower quality appraisals? I said AMC's graviate towards less skilled less competent appraisers that spend less time on research and analysis because they engage based on fee. Why are you so confused? What do you not understand about the topic of the thread which is that market conditions is almost always stable in reports. Do the majority of GSE appraisals go through AMC's? Why do they engage appraisers that are not competent to appraise in unstable markets? Seriously I don't know why you are so confused.

I guess I did miss something...

post 9:

That was the biggest announcement. A lot of things I found interesting but if I posted them here, they'd get shot down as being GSE propaganda, or some would want to start arguing with me that what they said/I heard isn't what they do, blah, blah, blah.
The 1004MC is a factual data point ("we are going to get rid of it"). I'll go over my notes and if I find any other factual data points I think might be of interest, I'll post them too.

denis was right in his prediction. the very next post started it off, and the next poster (other than the OP) hammered the point home.

OMG. When did I say lower fees = lower quality appraisals? I said AMC's graviate towards less skilled less competent appraisers that spend less time on research and analysis because they engage based on fee. Why are you so confused? What do you not understand about the topic of the thread which is that market conditions is almost always stable. Do the majority of GSE appraisals go through AMC's? Why do they engage appraisers that are not competent to appraise in unstable markets? Seriously I don't know why you are so confused.

so if lower fees result in "non meaningful market analysis" what does that do to the overall perception of an appraisal? make it better? obviously not. in your own words, what exactly does it do to the overall credibility of the report if it does not lessen the quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back