• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

3.6 Crunch Time

I had a fairly "cookie cutter" 2.6 report that I attempted to recreate as a 3.6 in Total as a test when I had free time. It didn't go well. Still some bugs. Still issues with some simple features that are reported differently (a finished rec room in a basement). Differences when it comes to what they want in the inspection that wasn't needed in the 2.6 (ceiling types, heights, front door entrance height, etc). They really want appraisers to use the checkboxes and not to reiterate what was already checked off in a box. Too many "Condition" and "Quality" rating boxes for individual items/sections when they still want an overall rating, as we have always been reporting.
Biggest gripe is not being forthcoming. Asking why they need something and getting "because we do" with no explanation. But I guess the fact that they won't acknowledge they are "data mining" information it's to be expected.

It seems to be consensus that Total is one of the least user friendly options.

Why they are moving to it is self explanatory. It does not need explanation and it doesn't matter why. Bottom line is they want it. The only question for appraisers is how much is the fee going to be and how long will it take.
 
In a way, he is compensating the appraiser for the data with free software.

Nothing is free!

Do you want to pay for software or not?
Pretty much what Andy pointed out, then the drama started.

I'm guessing he's on edge because Regorra's 24 hour appraisal product flopped.
 
The clients might have a problem with it. Especially if they are selling personal information or photos. Otherwise, I like Free. It's a good idea.
 
I just got a call from DataMaster a minute ago. She said their regular pricing for unlimited usage is $90/mo; but there are lower priced programs with more limited usage. They're projecting time savings of 90min per report.
 
The only better idea would be a coop platform where the data is owned by the users (appraisers), and the users get the money and benefits of owning and selling the data.
 
I just got a call from DataMaster a minute ago. She said their regular pricing for unlimited usage is $90/mo; but there are lower priced programs with more limited usage. They're projecting time savings of 90min per report.

No. I have used datamaster. I stopped using it for the most part because it doesn't save much time. I pay the $30 minimum to populate the 1004MC data, but I should probably stop paying that and just make my own app to do it.
 
I was sharing the 1-export 1004MC solution for free. 3min export and populate with automated calcs. 14,000 downloads
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top