• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

3.6 My 12 reports of experience

I'm going to park the RV at a nice RV Park, drive our tow vehicle over to your house and swap it for your Vette. Just for four or five days. You won't even miss it. Might like to run down the coast highway with it, but don't worry, I'm an excellent driver.
You have an excellent imagination as well.
 
So your retirement is based on a discount on your software ? Even if they gave you free software that's maybe $2,000 dollars or less. Sounds like you should just retire
or close it down right now because your business is one vehicle repair away from bankruptcy.
In part, yes. If I retire I save over $5,000 a year just in required subscriptions, licenses, insurance and other bull****. That's stuff I have to pay whether I do 1 report or 1000. All while lenders are increasing requirements on appraisers, ordering fewer appraisals, etc. And with many appraisers in my area cutting fees to keep working, I have less and less incentive to deal with all this nonsense when there are so many other things I would rather do (income and non-income producing, both).
 
Last edited:
For those using ACI, this is the email I received this morning:

"Thank you for reaching out. Workbench will be taken offline on October 9, 2026, and customers will no longer have access to Workbench or existing Workbench orders after that date.
If you currently have an order in progress, we recommend completing it and saving any information or files you may need before October 9. We also recommend not starting any new Workbench orders that you will not be able to complete before Workbench goes offline.
We made the decision to take the current version of Workbench offline because it is not where it needs to be for our customers. We are taking the time to make the improvements needed to provide a better overall experience, with Workbench planned to return in Spring 2027.
ACI Report (desktop) will remain available and fully supported for UAD 2.6 work and legacy workflows. Please keep in mind that ACI Report does not support UAD 3.6."

In other words, we're ****ed, you're ****ed, have a nice day.
 
For those using ACI, this is the email I received this morning:

"Thank you for reaching out. Workbench will be taken offline on October 9, 2026, and customers will no longer have access to Workbench or existing Workbench orders after that date.
If you currently have an order in progress, we recommend completing it and saving any information or files you may need before October 9. We also recommend not starting any new Workbench orders that you will not be able to complete before Workbench goes offline.
We made the decision to take the current version of Workbench offline because it is not where it needs to be for our customers. We are taking the time to make the improvements needed to provide a better overall experience, with Workbench planned to return in Spring 2027.
ACI Report (desktop) will remain available and fully supported for UAD 2.6 work and legacy workflows. Please keep in mind that ACI Report does not support UAD 3.6."

In other words, we're ****ed, you're ****ed, have a nice day.
They will buy whichever new form gets the most customers by spring. First American is a big company and that is a smart move corporately. The whole effort was probably a head fake but not invested in heavily to save money for the spring purchase/takeover.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top