• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Another Housing Crash

Are we on the cusp of a housing crash?

• Yes

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rent, crash, buy again.

Done much research into rent prices lately? You can typically buy for less than rental and....wait for it.... deduct the mortgage interest from you taxes...

Wait, I thought you were an appraiser who should be fully aware of the RE market?:huh:

Well i was driving with my buddy today. We drove buy a house where i knew the sale price. He told me he wouldn't buy that house and the one next door for that price. Bloatation is not a word yet.

All we need is Frank telling us there is no housing crisis. He should come back for his encore.

Done much research into rent prices lately? You can typically buy for less than rental and....wait for it.... deduct the mortgage interest from you taxes...

Wait, I thought you were an appraiser who should be fully aware of the RE market?:huh:

Did your AMC work slow up?

No its on like donkey kong. Did you skip your meds?

See, you and Barney have something in common.

You can typically buy for less than rental and....wait for it.... deduct the mortgage interest from you taxes...

With the new tax laws allowing a standard deduction of $24,000 for a couple many, if not a majority of owners, will no longer benefit from the MID.

Only if their itemized deductions fall below $24k. Given that medical insurance and out of pocket expenses for medical care are part of the possible itemized deductions (among many others that your CPA can help identify) $24k is hardly a ceiling for most families. My insurance went to $12k this year for me personally(thanks Obama) One article: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/w...o-your-mortgage-interest-deduction-2018-02-09

Freddie Mac has quietly started extending credit to nonbanks that issue mortgages, a move it says will help the companies maintain access to a crucial stockpile of cash if their home loans go sour.

Things can turn problematic for a mortgage servicer if a borrower defaults. The servicer is still obligated to keep sending monthly payments to the mortgage investors even though it’s no longer collecting any money from the borrower. Eventually, Fannie or Freddie reimburses the servicer. But in the meantime, there can be a serious cash crunch.

Some regulators have said they’re becoming increasingly concerned that nonbanks might fare badly in a downturn.

Nancy Wallace, a Berkeley professor and one of the paper’s authors, said nonbanks are undercapitalized and rely too much on borrowed money.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...r&utm_term=180507&utm_campaign=bloombergdaily

What could possibly go wrong to make mortgages go sour? :rof::rof:

Must Rising Oil Prices Compel the Fed to Tighten More?
As crude oil prices recently approached $68 a barrel, a Wall Street Journal writer concluded that “inflation fears got an added jolt this week as oil prices rose to a three-year high.”

Two other Wall Street Journal writers added that “If crude continues to move higher, it could begin to stifle economic growth.” They suggest that “higher consumer prices for gasoline and other energy products act like a tax, while pushing inflation higher and increasing pressure on the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates more aggressively.”

https://www.cato.org/blog/must-rising-oil-prices-compel-fed-tighten-more

No worries. Pump and dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back