• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ANSI Question regarding a one story home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, hypothetical. Two houses side by side. Subject has 6 ft ceiling height. Next door house has 10 ft ceiling height. Tell me your opinion before you ever start preliminary research on the subject property.

As data becomes more and more available, this thing will multiply. You are held to a standard now on subject to protect you and all parties involved.

I have personally used GX001 for the ceiling height less than 7' issue. Zero kickback. Zero stips. People think ANSI is Nazi Germany or something. Just explain WHAT you did, and your RATIONALE for doing so.

This reminds me of the condition thing, where is one tiny aspect of a house was C6, appraisers thought UAD/FNMA was forcing them to declare the entire subject C6. Clearly not so.

Reactions: Zoe
Okay, hypothetical. Two houses side by side. Subject has 6 ft ceiling height. Next door house has 10 ft ceiling height. Tell me your opinion before you ever start preliminary research on the subject property.
Subject with 6' ceilings was obviously built by Keebler. Market would dictate that you compare it to other houses built by Keebler

Another good point that is pretty much observed. Conformity maximizes market value usually. There are plenty of exceptions. My neighbors are probably mad at me. We had two ice storms. I'm a country boy. I'm working on it. I will get there. We are doing major renovations on top of cleaning up pine trees from all the ice damage from two storms.

A tree cutter called on me after first ice storm and said ya'll can't do it. I said trust me. We can do it. I am good with chainsaw.

I do need a tree cutter now though. That's next. Tree cutters ain't cheap. Make sure they are licensed and bonded.

Hell, my wife cleaned up most of first ice storm when tree cutter said we couldn't handle it. The second ice storm has been way worse. The man had to kick in. LOL

Pine trees are bad in ice storms. Really bad. All trees are bad in ice storms. Pine trees are maybe the worst in ice storms.

I am allergic to pine trees pollen too. LOL

As data becomes more and more available, this thing will multiply. You are held to a standard now on subject to protect you and all parties involved.
I probably wouldn't, as quality is quite different. I think 7' just seems quite a bit higher than 6'. Maybe cause I'm over 6' . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back