• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ANSI &....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is breakdown on ANSI on my finished attic house. Approximately 418 sf is below 7ft ceiling height with much of that area being way below 7 ft ceiling height. Maybe half of that is below 5 ft.

There is approximately 226 sf of finished attic that has 7ft ceiling height.

Nothing upstairs counts as GLA. Total upstairs area is around 644 sf heated area.

Last edited:
Now you know why I tell people don't finish that attic and expect to get your money back.

Now I start my brutal repair list and cost estimates including entrepreneurial incentive to arrive at "as is" value. They don't pay me enough.

I finally finished the liquidation. Had about $50,000 estimate in required repairs including entrepreneurial incentive. Some comparables required much larger adjustments due to updates.

It was still valued about 3.5 times site value as if vacant. So H&B use was as improved and fix it. I did find one comp with finished attic.

Last edited:
ANSI can be a pain the rear but it does add some uniformity to the process. I'll give it that.

Our tax assessors are so far off and many other professionals are also many, many, many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back