• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Anybody know what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I've received 3 of these in my email so far:

Good Morning,
My name is Sandeep Jain and i live in India. My organisation, 'Data
Machine' is based on SOHO(Small Office Home Office). I have an experience
of 4 years as Data Processing Associate with few multinationals,
recently i started with my SOHO to service US companies, so that people can
outsource work here in India at cut down costs.
For example, recently an appraiser company in Ilinois has outsourced a
data process where i process the URAR reports, using a telnet software
to retrieve raw data from multiple listing services and filling this
data on to URAR forms using a software called athena. Other tasks are
there as retrieving the photos and inserting them in reports. This process
takes place using simple e-mail communication where i process the files
sent by the company and send them back.
More and more businesses are realizing the benefits of outsourcing, it
is correct, financially and timely.
If you feel that you need to outsource any data processes, feel free to
mail back or contact at *********
Sincerely,
Sandeep Jain

airphoto

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Yup,

The usual junk e-mail spam .. you'll also get exactly the same letter via the singles-dating sites. I'm sure that somewhere in this country they'll latch on to some sucker ..

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
It is SPAM pure and simple. Unsolicited commercial email, which is illegal to send and costs the sender nothing, but costs all the ISP's lots of money in bandwidth, and guess who gets to foot the bill? The consumer. Estimates are that now over 1/3 of all email is SPAM and will go to over half in a couple of years.

This costs millions and millions of dollars to the end users. Wonder why prices go up instead of down on Internet service? SPAM. More info:
http://www.cauce.org

Now as to whether their SPAMvertised service is a viable service, I don't know. Many computer hardware and software companies now outsource their support to foreign companies because it's cheap, and India is one of the leaders. Linksys support is now in the Philipines.

However I would never buy anything from anyone sent via SPAM email. If they resort to that unethical and illegal tactic, then you know how they run the rest of their business.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Yeah..I've seen this one too. The delete key works well on it!

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
The Delete key most used key on keyboard. Now you'll see more professions complaining about the same things we complain about. More work Less pay, more competition from inferior companies.

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
I do some of my best work in the Outhouse.

Huh? Outsource? Oh. Nevermind.

Just the concept of having someone in India fill in my URAR's is .... well.....foreign to my way of thinking. And as Wayne so aptly put it, just the fact that they spammed me is enough to ensure I would never have them do anything for me.

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
This buy in India is "smokin' rope" and oughta get a REAL job....

As bazzare as this business is, I'll bet somebody is contacting Sandjeep as we speak, to start filling in URAR's for them. Sandjeep can then e-mail report directly to AMC, based on AVM data.

Austin

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Virginia
Speaking of India, did I ever tell you guys about the McKissock class I took taught by Don Clark in a Motel owned and operated by Indians in Greensboro, NC? It was a hoot. No reflection on Don Clark. The women’s toilet was stopped up and had not been flushed in a few days so the women were all mad; the waiters that brought in the coffee were barefooted; the food was terrible; the place was noisy; and then about three O’clock PM it sounded like the walls were falling in during class. Don said: “What the hell was that?” I replied: “I guess it is time to feed the elephant or the tigers are getting routy. Don was really mad and said he would see to it that he never taught a class in that place again. I told Don that motel was the only motel I ever attended a class at that had parking reserved for elephants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks