• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Anybody know what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
My favorite is the one that says "hello, I am the wife of an exciled president of Ubliquigeo Wombaja in the Republic of UppaUAss. I have several million dollars we need to get out of the country and have selected you to be our US representative. All we need is your bank account number and password...etc, etc.

No wonder people are always changing their email addresses. Presently have over 100 words on my spam filter and still get this crap. Wayne....help!

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Speaking of India, did I ever tell you guys about the McKissock class I took taught by Don Clark in a Motel owned and operated by Indians in Greensboro, NC?

Austin, you wouldn't like Dover, DE then. Most of the hotels, motels, and convenience stores are owned by Indians. And to boot.....the new Miss Delaware is an Indian.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
We stay in a motel in Norton, Kansas....guess what...owned by indians.

airphoto

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Are you referring to our own Indigenous Peoples, or those of the Indian subcontinent?

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Hindu I believe. The reason we laugh is all the beds are about 5'6" in length and 18" off the floor.

Carol

Sophomore Member
Just had an interesting phone conversation which possibly could fill in the blanks on ousourcing in India. (This guy probably has friends who are working in similar fashion) Looks like it may be a growing industry in areas related to appraisals. Had an REO appraisal I had sent yesterday EDI as usual to Ocwen Realty Advisors. Got a call today saying they did not receive it. Okay...that happens occassionaly...I'll just resend it. He says...send it to this email which ends not in .com, or .net but in ".co.in". I never heard of that so I ask him about it. Well they are now ordering REO assignments from India. I asked him why from India, he says labor is cheaper. So, folks.....the new creative wave of the future for lenders...outsource to India or wherever. I thought they had just about run out of ways to make more money but I was wrong. (Just a thought...after reading his solicitation again...maybe they are being groomed for outsourcing desk appraisals and desk reviews rigt there in good old India. Then they could really save some money.)

Verne Hebert

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Montana
Hey Blue1, I have been to India and they don't smoke rope.

Oddly enough, I just fired up a netgear router and needed technical support. I called the 800 and got a gentlemen with marginal english skills on a poor line connection.

Having been to india I recognized his accent, and asked where I was calling. He said Delhi. I said Delhi. He said, yes Delhi. I said Delhi, India. He said yes.

Others are outsourcing. Indians are well educated and poorer than appraisers.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
:lol: :? 8O
If there is anyone, anywhere in the world willing to do what YOU do for less money, your job is not secure

A senior manager in a tech industry job said that repeatedly to her cop-workers... many of whom are now seeking other employ.

WAKE up America :!: :evil:

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
I heard recently that computer programmers make really good bartenders......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks