• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal on Same Property for different client

Status
Not open for further replies.
that one time the mansion owner was shocked I was able to deduce there was a hidden room, just based on my floor plan interior not lining up with outside walls, hidden bunkers, the bookcase that turns in. I was like hey, what's behind this wall and the guy just said how'd you know that? and pushed the wall open to reveal a whole room approximately how many square feet I thought it was be.
I had similar. It wasn't quite a mansion, but definitely a good size house. 2 stories. I asked similar "Uh, from the outside, it seems there should be more here..."
Guy pushed something on the bookcase and it opened up revealing roughly another 400 sf of living space. Was pretty cool actually

I never even heard that this was going to occur until the appraiser called trying to set up the new appraisal. He never contacted me to notify me of this new assessment.

I am greatly concerned about this because I’m concerned that he may share confidential disclosures with the lender.
Makes no sense, the appraiser called you to set up a new observation. Should he have called you before he called you? :shrug:

What makes you think that he will share confidential information with the lender?

He is required to avoid a conflict of interest and tell him that you will file a complaint with the state board. Call the bank, and call the Realtor handling it, and tell them that he has a conflict of interest because you requested confidentiality and he is about to break it.
What is the conflict of interest?

The OP just doesn't like the opinion of the value of his property. Is the OP afraid that the appraiser might disclose material defects of the house?

Also, what has one's occupation to due with arriving at an opinion of value?

Bottom-line the OP is not forthcoming and has an alternative motive.

Makes no sense, the appraiser called you to set up a new observation. Should he have called you before he called you? :shrug:

What makes you think that he will share confidential information with the lender?

What is the conflict of interest?

The OP just doesn't like the opinion of the value of his property. Is the OP afraid that the appraiser might disclose material defects of the house?

Also, what has one's occupation to due with arriving at an opinion of value?

Bottom-line the OP is not forthcoming and has an alternative motive.
I hate the knee jerk reaction some posters have to report the appraiser to the state without knowing that the appraiser did anything wrong. Always posters who don't even do SFR supposedly and saying they are retiring soon. Golden rule type of thing. We all see things done a different way than we might do, but don't ruin someone's life and livelihood. Enough people are against appraisers. We do not have enough information, so advice to file a complaint with the state (possibly frivolous) is wrong in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back