• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraiser says he used "Atmostpheric" Adjustments"

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
In review the appraiser states he uses paired sales and "atmostpheric adjustments " I have never heard that term but my associate says it's just a big word used that means a guess, made up or where the appraiser could not extract any supportable adjustment. I did not make an-issue of it but Your thoughts on this would be appreciated

Jerry Bone Jr

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
In review the appraiser states he uses paired sales and "atmostpheric adjustments " I have never heard that term but my associate says it's just a big word used that means a guess, made up or where the appraiser could not extract any supportable adjustment. I did not make an-issue of it but Your thoughts on this would be appreciated
atmospheric adjustments = pulled from thin air.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
At least he didn't admit to making adjustments based on the rectal extraction method.
My old retired partner laughed and said hell why did we never think of using that word it would have stopped all those $10 per hour AMC reviewers in their tracks. Skippy AMC reviewer in cubicle next to 3 other monkeys. Hey guys what the hell is are "atmostpheric" adjustments ? Response from head monkey : Gee don't know maybe that's part of that new regression thingy course taught on how to extract and support all your adjustments. Monkey #2 NOPE I just looked it up in my funky and wangle dictionary and it says its just a "wild *** guess " -- Monkey #3 chimes in well I guess we can't make an-issue about it because that's how we mostly do it.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Those, would be the climate change adjustments.

Estimated remaining physical and economic life=11 Years- This was based on atmostpheric adjustments and confirmed by data obtained from proponents of the new green deal. Actually not sure if the estimate is for the real properties life or the owners and occupants of the Subject property, We also included the Ariel Map in the addenda so the reader could see how climate change has effected the subjects market area :) LOL

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
It may be a reference to subjective factors, like design/appeal.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks