• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Banned from Court House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Well, I guess I am banned from the county clerk's office in Delaware County. Seems I used a digital camera to get a legal description off a deed. The shame of it all. Poor old Carol Fortner won't get her buck for a copy!

I knew when I did it I was gonna catch it. One of the girls looked at me like I had just shot her dog. I was not only avoiding the $1 fee [go figure - only in OK can the clerk charge you a dollar but has to charge only 25¢ if you ask for it under Freedom of Information Act.] but I was....I was...well, you know. That's just not the way we do it here.

So the big girl herself collars me. [ps- its all about the $1, apparently that doesn't go into the Treasurer's office??? Slush fund for coffee????]

I pointed out that I have see PT's (petroleum landmen/ researchers who are Picture Takers) in Murray county, Johnson, Sequoyah, Creek, Lincoln. In Creek county last year 2 landmen were photography volumes of deeds, even sit up with a tripod and copy stand. In Murray there were probably 3 or 4 landmen with cameras being used. I had done it before in Delaware county but apparently they didn't see me. She claimed that was the first person who ever attempted that! What a crime. Delaware is first county where I have had anyone question it. Ms. Fortner argued that it wasn't legal to do that because "we might change the records...." when did it become legal for a Clerk to charge legal filings? Then she wanted me to sign an affidavit that these records weren't for abstract use.. BUT her PRINTER apparently wouldn't work so she dismissed me when I promised never to darken her door again. :rof: whether to laff or get pist. I have access to an abstract company so I'll just go there next time.

Last edited:

Ms. Janet

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
The big girl spanked the bad boy.......:rof::rof::rof::rof:

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Pervy with his camera.:rof:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I bet she'd have a stroke if I showed up with one of those scanner pens...

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Dear Judge,

I am unable to attend my trial since I have been banned from the courthouse by the county clerk.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
If you had brought cookies for their coffee, you’ probably would not have been bothered. Or then again, you could have just told her you doing a cover story on sexy county clerks and would she mind posing for pix.:)

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
A dozen, maybe 2 Krispy Kremes and you are in like Flynn.

William K

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I would probably go to KINKO's have it blown up to nice giant poster size and drop it in the mail to her!:laugh:

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I use my Kodak 570 all the time at a small courthouse. More than once the employees have asked me where to buy one. Course, you're in the South, we Yankees are much more intelligent and have no problem with new fangled inventions.

I'll just wait here for Wille.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks