• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bella piazza condo davenport

Status
Not open for further replies.

444nutman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Does anyone have any experience with this project? They are being tight lipped about rental agreements. I could not find anything in the DOCS. They state ask HOA about rentals but they wont tell me anything. I am going to call later and disguise my voice. The county is supposed to call me back but it feels like a condo hotel. I am going out on Monday but wondered if anyone has dealt with them. Here is what each unit is sold with per builder. These are new condos.
Living Area:
Sofa Sleeper
Side Chair
Cocktail Table
End Table (1)
Lamp (1)
TV Console
Silk Floral
Artwork (1)
26" Television *, **
42" Flat Screen***

Dining Area:
Dining Table & 4 Side Chairs
Decorative Placemats (4)
Napkins & Rings (4)
Artwork (2)
Silk Floral
6'0" TreeMaster Bedroom: King
Headboard
Mattress Set & Frame
Armoire
Nightstand (2)
Lamp (2)
Bedspread
Mattress Cover
Sheet Set (2)
Pillows & Protectors (4)
Blanket
Silk Floral
Artwork (3)
19" Television
Digital Clock Radio
Waste Basket
Each Bathroom:
Shower Curtain
Curtain Liner
Shower Rings
Bath Mat
Soap Dish
Tooth Brush Holder
Waste Basket
Toilet Brush w/Holder
Artwork (1)
Silk Greenery

Bath Towels:
Bath Towel 8*10**12***
Hand Towel 8*10**12***
Wash Towel 8*10**12***
Kitchen:
Wall Clock
Coffee Maker
Tea Kettle
Four-Slice Toaster
Blender
Electric Can Opener
Serving Pieces
Dinnerware 8*8**12***
Flatware 8*8**12***
Wineglasses for 8
Glassware Set
Cutlery Tray
Knife Block Set
Cooking Utensil Set
Cork Screw
Cutting Board
Colander
Water Pitcher
Salt & Pepper Set
Set of Pots & Pans
Dish Cloth (4)
Dish Towel (4)
Pot Holder (2)
Food Savers
Baking Tray
Fry Pan
Casserole Dish
Kitchen Trash Bin
Bedroom 2: Queen
Headboard
Mattress Set & Frame
Chest
Nightstand (2)
Lamp (2)
Bedspread
Mattress Cover
Sheet Set (2)
Pillows & Protectors (2)
Blanket
Silk Floral
Artwork (3)
Waste Basket

Bedroom 3 & 4 (if plan): Twin
Headboard
Mattress Set & Frame (2)
Chest
Nightstand & Lamp
Bedspread (2)
Mattress Cover (2)
Sheet Set (4)
Pillows & Protectors (2)
Blanket (2)
Silk Floral
Artwork (3)
Waste Basket
Patio: Cast Aluminum
Chair (2)
Accent Table

Miscellaneous:
Telephone (2)
Iron & Ironing Board
Vacuum Cleaner
Dustpan Set
Broom
Mop & Bucket
Laundry Basket
Plunger
Hangers/bedroom (20)
Hair Dryer
Kitchen Ledge Greenery

Bar Area:
Barstools (2)

Professional Status
State
Florida
Short term rentals without a doubt - but it does not say anything about hotel like amenitites such as maid service or front desk checkin services

good luck - just what Davenport needs, more short term rentals...

444nutman

Professional Status
State
Florida
Short term rentals without a doubt - but it does not say anything about hotel like amenitites such as maid service or front desk checkin services

good luck - just what Davenport needs, more short term rentals...

Yeah when I get out there on Monday I have to pretend like I want to buy one but was trying to get a handle before I went. The sales office were playing coy with my phone call. It is zoned as short term but Bahama Bay which is nearby and it has maid service, front desk and what not and zoned for short term rental.

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Prominent characteristics of a condominium hotel are minimal common areas and a requirement that owners desiring to lease units submit those units to a rental pool. These characteristics are specified in the recorded condo-hotel declaration of condominium.

In a condo-hotel, most areas that would normally be considered common areas are owned by the hotel unit and the owner of the hotel unit typically operates the rental pool.

The recorded condo docs for this project do not report these characteristics.

444nutman

Professional Status
State
Florida
Prominent characteristics of a condominium hotel are minimal common areas and a requirement that owners desiring to lease units submit those units to a rental pool. These characteristics are specified in the recorded condo-hotel declaration of condominium.

In a condo-hotel, most areas that would normally be considered common areas are owned by the hotel unit and the owner of the hotel unit typically operates the rental pool.

Thank you I have a good defintion now. I always looked for a front desk (with daily rental rates) maid service, then just asked the office. The problem is I have been lied to so many times I have become jaded and tend to take what a sales office tells me with a grain of salt until I can prove what they said to be true.
I also did not see anything in the DOCS as well but was thrown off by the list of housewares that come with each unit, even though I have done short term rentals that have been sold with the same items, just never seen the list so detailed.

Lax1

Professional Status
State
Florida
Deuce,

Looks like another condo project, you are right, like there are not enough along 192 now more along 27. Are there still that many buyers to keep building and putting them on the market along with all the foreclosures and short sales in this area????

Pricing: and availability:
All units are fully furniture included in price!
$5,000 payable at contract.
10% to be completed at groundbreaking (around September 2006). (20% if buyer is Foreign National).
2 bedroom/2 bath: $261,950 to $282,950
(very few 2 bedroom-units left)
3 bedroom/3 bath: (1,188 Sq Ft)
$ 262,960 to $306,950.00
3 bedrooms/ bath: (1,263 Sq Ft)
$275,959 to $ 308,950
4 bedrooms/3 baths: 1,392 Sq Ft)
$284,950 to $318,950
A complimentary 42" Plasma TV will be included as a bonus in 4 bedroom units

Got a call today for a new condo hotel at Celebration-Mona Lisa
1/1-700 sf- $324,000
2/2-1000 sf- 489,000
WOW!!!!!!!

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Thank you I have a good defintion now. I always looked for a front desk (with daily rental rates) maid service, then just asked the office. The problem is I have been lied to so many times I have become jaded and tend to take what a sales office tells me with a grain of salt until I can prove what they said to be true.
I also did not see anything in the DOCS as well but was thrown off by the list of housewares that come with each unit, even though I have done short term rentals that have been sold with the same items, just never seen the list so detailed.

I imagine a lot of people will blow a gasket when you don't include the value of personal property in the appraisal of the real property.

Professional Status
State
Florida
Deuce,

Looks like another condo project, you are right, like there are not enough along 192 now more along 27. Are there still that many buyers to keep building and putting them on the market along with all the foreclosures and short sales in this area????

Pricing: and availability:
All units are fully furniture included in price!
$5,000 payable at contract.
10% to be completed at groundbreaking (around September 2006). (20% if buyer is Foreign National).
2 bedroom/2 bath: $261,950 to $282,950
(very few 2 bedroom-units left)
3 bedroom/3 bath: (1,188 Sq Ft)
$ 262,960 to $306,950.00
3 bedrooms/ bath: (1,263 Sq Ft)
$275,959 to $ 308,950
4 bedrooms/3 baths: 1,392 Sq Ft)
$284,950 to $318,950
A complimentary 42" Plasma TV will be included as a bonus in 4 bedroom units

Got a call today for a new condo hotel at Celebration-Mona Lisa
1/1-700 sf- $324,000
2/2-1000 sf- 489,000
WOW!!!!!!!

PASS!!!! don't even want to go there - I also wonder who is going to pick these up. I noted a strong trend on the US 27 single family short term rentals sales, shorts and Reos, are almost all being bought by foreign nationals and per the agents many of them made money in the first boom and coming back looking for seconds.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina

While your definition is technically accurate, Fannie Mae operates under an expanded definition. (Do note that this is an update to the 2006 announcement. They added 3 more project types to the ineligible list.) Any property that is in a resort area and is rented on a daily basis needs to have those facts plainly stated in the report. It's not that they are automatically disqualified, but shows you put the lender on notice to check further.

Last edited:
Professional Status
State
Florida
While your definition is technically accurate, Fannie Mae operates under an expanded definition. (Do note that this is an update to the 2006 announcement. They added 3 more project types to the ineligible list.) Any property that is in a resort area and is rented on a daily basis needs to have those facts plainly stated in the report. It's not that they are automatically disqualified, but shows you put the lender on notice to check further.

good link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks