Whew!
George,
The first thing I would want to know before offering any advice on how to do this “new” assignment in as little as 30 minutes (or more if they’ll pay more) is whether or not the new lender already has a hand-me-down copy of the old report.
The second thing you might want to know is whether the second lender is satisfied with the first date of appraisal. I get the impression from your post that the second lender is satisfied with the original valuation date.
The third thing is you only have to focus on adhering to two parts of the Ethics Rule that have not changed since day one: start a workfile and no misleading. That way you can avoid reading 20 pages of opinions, answers and other difficult techno-jargon.
George,
The first thing I would want to know before offering any advice on how to do this “new” assignment in as little as 30 minutes (or more if they’ll pay more) is whether or not the new lender already has a hand-me-down copy of the old report.
The second thing you might want to know is whether the second lender is satisfied with the first date of appraisal. I get the impression from your post that the second lender is satisfied with the original valuation date.
The third thing is you only have to focus on adhering to two parts of the Ethics Rule that have not changed since day one: start a workfile and no misleading. That way you can avoid reading 20 pages of opinions, answers and other difficult techno-jargon.
... or go get yourself another appraiser :twisted: . I don't care much myself how they solve that fee problem thing. We can elect to discount the second appraisal, we can elect to decline the assignment altogether! But even at full fee I challenge any other office to get as fast a turn time as the office that has already performed one appraisal on a property B) .