• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Comp check request coming from AppraiserUSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Onderisin

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Almost all callers from any source try to work in a comp-check request at some point in the conversation. The ones that actually place an order are the ones who understand that guessing a value without looking at the property is lunacy.

I've also gotten several calls from trainee-appraisers wanting work recently. All got my contact info from Appraiser USA.

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
I did not get Cat's reply, but I did hear from her last night. This is reverse order of how it went. I also sent her a rather testy reply and hit reply all as well.

You need some serious education about appraisals. You commited a felony with your first e-mail to me. Plus Zip Loans Inc is not licensed to make loans in New Mexico. Before the FBI shows up with handcuffs I suggest you acquaint yourself with USPAP. It is your name on that illegal e-mail, so you are responsible. Making payment contingent upon appraising for a specific value is fraud. We have very strict anti-predatory lending laws here in New Mexico. Our jails are not very pleasant places.
----- Original Message -----
To: Chuck Mackley
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:23 PM

This is a very highly regulated business with severe penalties for screwing up. If your boss told you to send out that e-mail, I suggest you find a new boss right away. The odds of an FBI raid are very high if that is how your shop is managed.

i do apologize for this email... i honestly did not know of any regulations or that i may have made any violations at all, i barely have 2months working as a loan officer or better yet in this field.. and i do apologize.

You need some serious education about appraisals. You commited a felony with your first e-mail to me. Plus Zip Loans Inc is not licensed to make loans in New Mexico. Before the FBI shows up with handcuffs I suggest you acquaint yourself with USPAP. It is your name on that illegal e-mail, so you are responsible. Making payment contingent upon appraising for a specific value is fraud. We have very strict anti-predatory lending laws here in New Mexico. Our jails are not very pleasant places.

hey you know what i apologize for inconviniencing you with such email, i just did what my broker asked me to do. really i did not have knowledge of violating ANY regulations... i just started in this field, as a loan officer and i once again apologize.

Chuck Mackley <[email protected]> wrote:
A search of the state website shows that Zip Loans is not licensed to offer loans in New Mexico. Maybe you should quit predating on our good citizens and crawl back under your rock. www.fbi.gov

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
This is how I replied all to her initial e-mail:

Sorry but we are a non-disclosure state and cannot tell much by only an address. I also do not work for free. Do the credit bureaus give you free ratings and the highest possible? I will begin work upon receipt of certified funds in the amount of $500.00.

Best Regards,

Michael Tipton

Professional Status
State
Florida
With AppraiserUSA you can check a box indicating "no comp checks" that will be included in your listing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks