• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Comparables Mapping Software

chris11

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Indiana
If you have a STDB account, the location/mapping feature works. It's pretty simplistic and easy to use.

cpalub01

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
The necessary functionality is there to create a good comp map just by clicking "create map" and using it. If you wanted to support it, there's a 3 day free trial and it's $20/month for increased options and $100/month for probably large scale business solutions.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I've used Google maps, and just save the location for a long time. What I don't like about Google and Bing is that their maps include all the business names, which just clutter the map up when you're working in close. Google Earth Pro is hard to read, but accurate

I just figured out that one of the Counties I work in (L.A. County) has a GIS that allows markups, and which includes various base maps with good detail, no business name overlay; and in the L.A. County system the map extends across the entire US. You can build the map in one "basemap" and switch between them to find the one that is easiest to read. Build the map online and use a screengrab tool to save as a jpg - Pretty fast and simple if you can find your locations. This map is an area in Orlando FL, and the detail pic shows the individual streets in close

It's the markup tools that make the difference - lots of map systems either have no markup or very limited markups.

Attachments

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks