• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

contacted by Ziao

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimisthebest

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Missouri
After doing some researching on this company, I really think they are crooks. 8,500 for a zone and you only get 40% of a fee! They are trying to get a few people from my office to go. Any one else going to the sale pitch? I might go just for the $50 gift card for the continuing ED. Just throwing it out there. If Im wrong let me know, I really dont think they are going to take over the appraisal world or what. Should we jump on board now? or wait till see if it pans out?

Roger

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
Love 'em or hate 'em

Ziao has been widely cussed and discussed on other boards that I belong to. From what I read on these other boards is that you either love Ziao, or you hate it. Ther just isn't much middle ground. Their stock is pubically traded, and has shown to have a lot of ups & downs.

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
Mike,
That's what I call answering the guy's question.

Jan Roseberry

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Recently

an appraisal instructor told me that the majority of Zaio zones were being purchased by MAI's. Interesting?

Jan Roseberry

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Steve -- Yes, I do. In our area there are few zones sold and his information is verifiable.

MAI interest is primarily commercial/industrial and it gives them an income flow from the residential side without extra employees.

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
State
Missouri
I don't know about MAIs but it's been my casual observation from posters to this board that most of the buyers are cert gens.

jnordquist

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Area director for Pittsburgh is MAI, I went to the meeting, I could not justify the purchase, I personally think they will make a dent in the avm and BPO market if they do get up and running, but that is to be seen

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
From what I read on these other boards is that you either love Ziao, or you hate it. Ther just isn't much middle ground
I neither love nor hate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks