• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Deal Nears to Curb Home-Appraisal Abuse, Coumo, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Email these guys. TODAY. TOMORROW. THE NEXT DAY.

One thing i think is that AMC's should have a appraiser license they work under, no different than a broker and a property management.

I will agree with the anonymous poster, WAMU's in-house staff were top shelf. I dealt with them many times over the years, extremely knowledgeable and professional. Same can be said for World folks. I hope World remains a portfolio lender and isn't subjected to these new agreements.

Just another situation where they are ignoring the obvious solution. Sue the lenders and AMC's who are in possession of bad appraisals, regardless of how they ordered them in the first place. If you hold the lenders, and their stockholders, responsible for bad appraisals then they'll eventually come up with a way to ensure good appraisals.

This is just another run around where people are listening to the same parties who created the problems. Makes me want to throw up when I hear a rep from the title/AMC side making any sort of suggestions.

One would hope if they were held accountable they would try to find a way to correct it!

We could only hope!!!

I will agree with the anonymous poster, WAMU's in-house staff were top shelf. I dealt with them many times over the years, extremely knowledgeable and professional. Same can be said for World folks. I hope World remains a portfolio lender and isn't subjected to these new agreements.

A good portion of WaMu's staff you all love so much is at LandSafe and has been for quite a long time. How does this square with everyone's hatred of LandSafe?

A good portion of WaMu's staff you all love so much is at LandSafe and has been for quite a long time. How does this square with everyone's hatred of LandSafe?

They hate the company and it's executives and not the appraisers....I reckon? I've done no work for LS, so I don't know.

I don't hate anyone or anything, with maybe the exception of cooked liver and Satan.

It's strictly a business on my part whether I deal with a particular client. There is a huge disconnect between AMCs fees and demands they require. Every other client out their pays better, so I accept work from every other client.

I was sitting in a MLS meeting with a bunch of realtors a few
weeks ago. When the meeting was about to end, one of the
board memembers announced, "I got an emergency message
from Bob of NAR, our lobbyist, and he says the legislature is
about to pass this bill that is cracking down on lenders and
will make it more difficult for our borrowers to get a loan, so
we are to call our state representatives and senators and tell
them they should vote no. You should all be getting a phone
message about this with the phone numbers to call."

I sat there slacked jawed. I guess I could have stood up and said,
"But, that bill is designed to protect our financial system from
embloding, can't you see past your own self-interest?" But I
doubt it would have done any good.

When I hear about people making a 'deal' I think, somebody is
getting screwed who isn't in the room.

Good One...:rof::rof::rof::rof:

When I hear about people making a 'deal' I think, somebody is
getting screwed who isn't in the room.

I couldn't agree more with this statement:clapping: .
I think we (independent appraisers) are the ones on the outside looking for the door to the room. We know it's there, somewhere , just can't find the right door and we keep knocking on the wrong ones. m2:

I have no problem with Landsafe.

as I am currently on meds....:rof: Actually I don't work for them but they treat a few folks I know fairly well. I think their field review dept. leave much to be desired sometimes in my market. School Districts are important, stay within them before you lace into my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back