• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Deal Nears to Curb Home-Appraisal Abuse, Coumo, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many of these threads I'm going to have to merge.:)

Ha! Been doing that since the first article and I keep seeing more. Don't people look for topics or if articles are already posted or use the SEARCH function anymore? I think this thread is a now a combination of 8 or 9 smaller ones.

Wake Up Everyone

Today is the day to contact and email your government officials about this proposed deal that Fannie may take on. THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE. Everyone needs to become vocal because this could very well be the end to the fee mortgage appraiser. If you think that appraisers are going to benefit they your living in an AMC world already.

Looks like more threads are coming in!

DUCK!!!

Thanks for moving my thread. I AM CALLING FOR ACTION. AND IT NEEDS TO BE ON THE FRONT PAGE. A NEW THREAD. THIS IS NOT IMPROVING the profession. ITS FOR SAVING IT.m2:

Riick,
Why they are hard at work on a response- as is, by the way, a group within the IAC who is monitoring this.
But- WHAT????
Riick- you mean they did not report their activities to you?
How utterly rude of them.

Brad
I completely agree with you Brad, VERY rude!
In fact, these groups have not alerted me, NOR any of their members.
How condescending of them .... I'll not bother to flame you for your "tone of voice".
AI has NOTHING on their website.
Ditto for the ASA & IFA
No press releases, nothing on websites.
No broadcast email.
No chain of telephone calls.
-- NADA --

Apparently "Membership has its Privileges" does not apply members of what could be appraiser pressure groups.

People.. IMNSHO (In My Not So Humble Opinion) if you belong to any of these organizations it's time to call your Chapter president, and send mail to the Executive Officers.
Or else get what you deserve for being Sheep, possibly being led to the slaughter.

In my opinion, we should not get to upset until we see the full details of this deal. It appears to be on hold, and I am not suprised. The way the article introduced the plan did not make any sense.

So, Coumo goes after Fannie stemming from the issues brought to light in his investigation of Eappraisit and Washington Mutual. Coumo's case seems to imply that relationships like the above are not good. So, as a result, a deal is struck with Fannie that would basically push everyone into that exact same business model he just finished investigating. How does this make any sense or address his concerns? I think the deal must address these concerns, but the the articles so far cover it in such a general way ( Assessors instead of appraisers etc..) that we just are not getting the whole story.

Mike

Its amazing, just for kicks I went to see something. appraisalclearinghouse.com and appraiserclearinghouse.com have both been registered within the past 30 days and 2 weeks respectfully. One has already started uploading a site. Quick thinkers get the worm......

From my understanding. "lenders would be required to order the appraisal".

That means more AMC's. That means the guy ordering the appraisal is the guy you just hung up when you called your cell phone customer service. That is going to be sooo fun. I know I may be overreacting to this but when I hear that I must decide to work with the "phone company guy" in order to get mortgage work, I'm fast looking for other occupations,and at least I can, this could hurt all of the GOOD appraisers who don't cave to AMC pressure.

Some in our society are so DUMB that when the writing is on the wall they choose to ignore it until the wall falls on their face. Who paid for Cuomo to be elected? Answer: everyone in our industry except US. We are being lined up to take ALL the blame for this housing crisis. Wake up!

Riick,

Why they are hard at work on a response- as is, by the way, a group within the IAC who is monitoring this.

But- WHAT????

Riick- you mean they did not report their activities to you?

How utterly rude of them.

Brad

Brad:

No hard feelings here but can you explain how this would hurt Indy Mac?

Thanks
Rock:new_smile-l:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back