• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Deal Nears to Curb Home-Appraisal Abuse, Coumo, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, it was sent to me earlier this morning by some of those I deal with regularly that are talked about in that article. I didn't find that on my own. Kevin, you were quick!

The NYAG should be an attorney not a legislator or brokerage a deal. Take the culprits to court, get a judgment and get the cash.

I wonder just what company is trying to become that 'clearinghouse'???

I sure hope it's not anybody with ANY connections to ANY current AMC or FNC - with the law suits pending!!!!! IMO, those might be the perps!

Last edited:
Interesting, we had better get our collective voices heard before this is set in stone.

One word: 'LOOPHOLES'. I think I should bet the ranch on it.

Wow, this would really change the playing field. So much for a free market to dictate turn times, fees, etc. Typically good appraisers collect a better fee.

Lets see... Clearing house to gather all appraisal,,,who gets to use the data and then develop more of those corelogic AVM type reports,,then who really needs an appraiser anyway...

This should be called,,the do away with the appraiser act...

Maybe its time to go retail anyway....

I have been talking about this for years....

Imagine billboard on side of Highway...

HEY SUCKER....

DID YOU JUST GET SCREWED BY YOU LOCAL REAL ESTATE PRO???

CALL US TO FIND OUT.....

Lets see... Clearing house to gather all appraisal,,,who gets to use the data and then develop more of those corelogic AVM type reports,,then who really needs an appraiser anyway...

This should be called,,the do away with the appraiser act...

Maybe its time to go retail anyway....

I have been talking about this for years....

Imagine billboard on side of Highway...

HEY SUCKER....

DID YOU JUST GET SCREWED BY YOU LOCAL REAL ESTATE PRO???

CALL US TO FIND OUT.....
Will that end up the only way for competent and honest appraisers to get any appraisal business???

Interesting, we had better get our collective voices heard before this is set in stone.

I have sent an email,
But I think it's too little too late:fiddle: .
I am sure we will see in the near future stories of how, Thanks to the
co-operation and input of "Appraisal Organization A, B or C", we as appraisers have now been heard...blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada

I see news people ( print and television) just hitting on certain statements and certain points but knowone in the media will scream
"THE KING HAS NO CLOTHES" in regards to what this will really do.
Maybe I am pessimistic? I think though when all is said and done I will be found to be a Realist.

Has any appraisal originazation been invited to comment on this pending resolution?

Just wondering where the AI is..seems like they would be involved in some form????:Eyecrazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back